account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

28.0.A.8.251 update. What do you think?

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 21 of 32
Message 21 of 32

Re: 28.0.A.8.251 update. What do you think?

I don't know how this is now listed as solved.

Since updating via the Mac Companion a couple of weeks back my phone is acting worse in many ways.

I can't even do a repair via the Mac Companion as it can't connect to the server online.

My battery life has halved. The phone freezes and reboots itself regularly and it got so bad and unresposive last week that I coudn't even answer phone calls.

I've had to put it in for repair with O2 UK who tell me they've never heard of problems with this phone before.

Well that's so insulting. After selling it for three months they have it in their clearance section now.

I read on another Z3+ thread here that with increased consumer laws from 1st October this year I can demand a different phone from them after an unsuccesful repair. Yes I'm that unconvinced you can repair an inherrant design flaw. O2 say I should take that up with Sony.

Well I'm still waiting for Sony to get back to me regarding the broken/corrupted music downloads that they were giving out to Gold Xperia members as a sweetener to buy this phone in the first place. I have no faith or confidence in Sony or their products now. They're more trouble than they're worth. 

Update:

Someone on the Z4 threads told me to try and do a repair with the PC Companion instead.

Fortunately I have Windows aswell as OSX running on my Mac so I was able to install that version to try instead. It couldn't connect to the server either to check for new firmware versions but unlike the Mac one it could run a repair by downloading the latest .251 version. I've performed a clean install on both Z3+ and Z4. So far so good. I think I may just stick to the 10 hours battery life on the Z3+ without enabling any battery enhancements. I can feel it lagging already at times though and have to run software to optimise the phone. Not good really is it? It will be a pain to send the phone off for repair in the jiffy bag o2 have sent me and go through the processes to be able to get another phone. I may have no other option.

Jr8
Adept
Message 22 of 32
Message 22 of 32

Try a reset from settings , after each the update, if possible dont restore from backup. This usually works miracles
Rookie
Message 23 of 32
Message 23 of 32

TBH I'm diappointed beyond belief...

The overheating problem with the camera is worse I was gettting warnings all the time after the update when taking photos or video, which was very annoying. I've now turned off the warning message. But that's not a solution and the phone is hot to touch after taking a few photos (auto mode) and video (less than 2 mins).

Battery life has also got worse the phone barely lasts the day now without recharge. For example today the phone was 100% at 7:30am. By 10am it was down to 83%. Usage: I sent and received 1 sms, received a brief phonecall (less than 1 minute), surfed the web for less than 5 minutes and watched a video over WiFi for 5 mins. BT was on and WiFi on for 2 hours... BT was connectd to the car for 20 minutes. WiFi connected for about 1.5hrs out of the 2 it was on. Network is H+ mot LTE.

Would love to get thge Z5 Premium, but, with the performance of the Z3+ I'm very hesitant to spend that kind of money if these issues persist. TBH whilst I really like the Xperia design etc, I'm close to losing faith in Xperia phones, as I've had problems with my Z Ultra, ZU LTE, Z3 and now Z3+.

Funnily enough though the Z3TC LTE and Z3 TC WiFi tablets we have function flawlessly... And so does the Z table I got my folks for skype and photo sharing...

Sony please, please sort this out to help restore our faith in your products....

Cheers

Guyzer

Visitor
Message 24 of 32
Message 24 of 32

For me I have not seen any differences on this update.. Phone overheats in a very annoying way while using the cam or while even playing a game or surfing the net. It gets hot for a limit I cannot touch the upper side of the phobe.

Battery life is the worse I have gotten in an Xperia phone after the Xperia Z. I love Sony and very loyal to them since the beginning of the Sony Ericsson devices. But honestly I had enough, I started losing faith in them. I bought my iPhone 6 recently, as mush as I hate the user interface on iOS phones, but as much as I love the performance and the premium quality of the phone. At least on iPhone I do not get the issues I face in Sony:

1. Phone does not overheating.
2. Camera performance is amazing for only a 12 or 16 MP.
3. Battery life is great, phone stays for almost 2 days in LTE use.
4. All applications work just fine in the Middle East, iTunes works perfectly, videos works perfectly, I can buy any local or global music, movie, series, book, game with no issues while in Sony Spotify does not work, Play Station connect does not work, all online Sony applications do not work. "sorry they do not support my country" come on we are in 2015 and you still inisiate applications that they do not work globally?? Sooo pity of you!! This is for me very racist!!
5. Sound on iPhone phones is very loud, very clear and premium. Sony always have this problem since the very beginning on the quality of the sound, whether was it on the notification or on the speakers! With a single speaker on the iPhone, it does much a lot than those two for Sony phones.

I do love Sony but I lose faith in them, they still have to do a lotttt to reach the same premium phones Apple make.

This is so sad!!
Message 25 of 32
Message 25 of 32

Sony just launched new Z5 family, sure Z3+ dual will be discontinued.
I wonder Z3+ dual is defect product.
I still having problem with overheating, camera quality degrading to 8mp in superior auto mode, hdr doesnt work, just taking several shoots then shut down, its annoying but what can i do ?
In 2013 i bought xperia zl, and need 6 months to fix battery problem.
Now happen again with z3+ dual. Think to sell it soon and never buy any sony phone in the future.
A flagship series will not guarantee quality of the product.
Inhabitant
Message 26 of 32
Message 26 of 32

I wish the update included android 5.1. The older phones(Z3 non-plus, Z2 etc.) got it but the newest one didn't? Doesn't make sense.

Adept
Message 27 of 32
Message 27 of 32

This phone is forgotten from Sony. To many problems, to many troubles for users
Adept
Message 28 of 32
Message 28 of 32

I was actually wondering if any of the problems/issues mentioned here in the forums are seen by people working for Sony?
And are these issues being looked into by Sony?

EHo
Enthusiast
Message 29 of 32
Message 29 of 32

is the cpu throttled down in order to reduce the overheating issue?

Highlighted
Eng
Learner
Message 30 of 32
Message 30 of 32

When is a newer firmware coming? I still have som heat issues an a new Blue tooth issue (handsfree in the car).