account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia 32gb z3 compact tablet - cashback offer

Rookie
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

xperia 32gb z3 compact tablet - cashback offer

bought the tablet from a QUALIFYING retail source, to be told by sony they dont qualify yet they list on their website under the sony.co.uk/tabletcashback link. anyone else having problems with sony saying their IDID number is invalid ?? is this just a big scam by sony to get you to buy ?  PS3, PS4, camera tablet and phone user, having second thoughts about sony now. wishing i had gone samsung

10 REPLIES 10
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: xperia 32gb z3 compact tablet - cashback offer

If you have proof that you bought this from Sony directly via their site and the cashback was or is advertised then under EU law they have to honor that contract of sale

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Hi CaVaLiEr666,

Welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

In this case you need to deal with Sony Directly, I suggest you use the following link to contact customer service.

http://support.sonymobile.com/au/contactUs/

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

i have contacted customer service, after getting the run around and getting told to phone 4 different numbers. no one seems interested at all, i contacted the place of sale which list the offer and sony list on the cashback site. and got the following.

Dear customer,

Thank you for sending us your proof of purchase.  After validation we have noticed that your product is not compliant with the Terms and Conditions of this campaign. 

The Cashback is only available on Sony products which have been supplied and distributed by Sony to its authorized dealers within the UK and Republic of Ireland.  Sony will not accept claims against Products purchased from eBay (whether listed as new or used).  Purchases from Amazon will only be accepted when made directly from Amazon UK with a valid UK serial number and not from third party sellers on Amazon Marketplace, whether fulfilled by Amazon UK or not.

Based on this information your participation is unfortunately no longer valid. 

To get more details on this campaign please check our Terms & Conditions or Frequently Asked Questions.

You can find your participation code in the subject of this e-mail: it consists of 8 digits.

This participation code is your unique personal identification.  Please make sure to mention it in all your communication with us.

so anyone thinking of buying a sony tablet, id stick with samsung. i will never buy sony again the after sales service and support is NONE existant. once they have your money thats all they want, 4x ps4 in the house and tv and tablets. my money will go to someone with after sales service in future 

Adviser
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

So where did you buy it from? My Cashback is currently in progress, I bought from Argos

Demigod
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

So you bought the device from outside of cashback resellers and recommend other to buy different device? Strange...
Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)
Rookie
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

not at all this was bought with in a listed retailler on the sony site. yet the idid is invalid

when trying to claim it back. and is advertised on the retaillers site by sony. thats what sony is saying. yet i have proof 

and the receipt and a screenshot of the website offering it..

as far as proof of purchase sony have not seen any yet, i have no idea where they got it from. it was bought from ISME 

and is still listed with the offer on the website !

http://www.isme.com/sony-z3-quad-core-processor-3gb-ram-32gb-ssd-hard-drive-wi-fi-8-inch-touchscreen...

Forum Legend
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Well that's interesting as that is false advertising and they shouldn't be doing it - So take all the screen shots and phone them and explain then they will have to honor the cashback or feel the wrath of trading standards as that is against the law and can be deemed as a honey trap albeit some countries will see that wording in a different light

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Forum Legend
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Also according to Sony's cashback claim site ISME.com is listed as a valid retailer

Rookie
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Dear customer,

Thank you for sending us your proof of purchase.  After validation we have noticed that your IDID number was not listed in our database and therefore your participation cannot be processed at this moment.  To check the details of our Terms & Conditions, please visit our website.

idid is not in database yet the tablet has this idid they they sent direct from sony via isme, i just dont get it