account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

how to install apps on second SDCard????

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

how to install apps on second SDCard????

Just got a new Xperia Tablet model SGP511 and added a second SDCard into the provided slot. I'm going to install and App that will have a pretty significant associated data file. So I would like to install this app onto the second SCCard but I don't see any options to redirect it to the available space on the second SDCard. If I can't load the app onto the second card then I'm not sure what the value of the slot is.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: how to install apps on second SDCard????

The feature of moving apps to an SD card was removed by Google in preparation of the forthcoming Lollipop firmware - The SD slot is primarily used to store Photo's, Music and Videos

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

2 REPLIES 2
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

The feature of moving apps to an SD card was removed by Google in preparation of the forthcoming Lollipop firmware - The SD slot is primarily used to store Photo's, Music and Videos

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Apprentice
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

If the tablet is ever properly rooted you could install Xposed and add the module Obb to SD. That would void the warranty though.