account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia z3 tablet compact after Android 6 Marshmallow (battery problem)

Visitor
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Xperia z3 tablet compact after Android 6 Marshmallow (battery problem)

Xperia z3 tablet compact battery extremely quickly loses the charge after update to Android 6 Marshmallow.
 I recorded a reduction in the length of time tripled !!!

7 REPLIES 7
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Xperia z3 tablet compact after Android 6 Marshmallow (battery problem)

contact Sony xperia support to get it inspected

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

You can also reinstall Marshmallow with Sony PC Companion, it might imReinstall Marshmallow with Sony PC Companion, it might improve the performance.

http://support.sonymobile.com/us/tools/pc-companion/
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Charge your tablet to 100% and use it like you normally do. Then when the battery almost dies, take screenshots of your battery usage and post it here. Gives us better information to help you identify the problem and solve it. 

Visitor
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

I have done this before then post this theme.
But in the chat support I received only a reference to control power management manual.
After that, the manager simply close the dialog. Scorning by Sony, isn't it?)

Visitor
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

So it will do, thank you for your support.
I lay out the screen today.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

I had a similar problem with Marshmallow on Z4. I had to clean install 3 times and installed app one by one to measure the background activities. It seems that Doze does not seem to switch off the wifi at all if you put the wifi at on always and phone signals seems not as sensitive as before anymore.

Also you have to kill the location service twice to safe battery. And some background activities of news app seem cannot be regulate with Doze.

I am skipping Marshmallow on my Z3 tablets and keeping the lollipop until they put the stamina back on Marshmallow.

Hope this helps.

Talent
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Z3 tablet 6.0.1

I got my z3 tablet yesterday running Android 5.1.1 and had the stamina mode. I updated to the exact same version as my z5 6.0.1 but im missing the stamina option under battery.