account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact compatibility with a stylus, pencil or pen?

Adviser
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact compatibility with a stylus, pencil or pen?

Hi,

I am thinking to order the Z3 Tablet Compact but I would like to know if it is compatible with a stylus or a pen and does it have hand writing recognition like the Z Ultra?

There is no mention of these featues on the Z3 Tablet Compact white paper but I want to be sure if this device has these features or not. If anyone can help me please. 

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact compatibility with a stylus, pencil or pen?

Hi,

As far as I know, our Stylus E22 is not compatible with Z3 Tablet Compact. But there might be a third party manufacturer that have created a pen that works with Z3 Tablet Compact.

And there are no preinstalled function for hand writing recognition. Perhaps there is a third party application with this function.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Thank you for your reply! 

Learner
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Well, it's some kind of a niche, where you can start competing.. For example, you can become a millionare, if you start to produce bags and cases for Sony Devices.. Because the competition out there is very low...

Demigod
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

You can try OneNote for handwriting but I'm not sure if it has text recognition on Android.

But I wouldn't expect quality from finger input and as Hampus said there is no support for pressure sensitive stylus.

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)
Adviser
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Guys,

I 've ordered the Z3 Compact Tablet, and last week I heard about a 12" tablet (with stylus) from Sony. Anyone knows if it's real or only a rumour?

Demigod
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

@Ntsoa wrote:

Guys,

I 've ordered the Z3 Compact Tablet, and last week I heard about a 12" tablet (with stylus) from Sony. Anyone knows if it's real or only a rumour?

It wasn't officialy announced so it's only a rumour.

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)
One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

It's a valid question, and you shouldn't be reprimanded about policy by the moderator if you, like me, are a customer looking for a solution.  I recently bought the Adjonit Jot Dash and it doesn't work well with the Z3 tablet (skips, and you have to push hard).  I'm looking for a solution - if Sony makes one, I'll buy it!