account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Weird stuff after factory reset

Apprentice
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Weird stuff after factory reset

Hi guys,

So I had my Z3TC for a year now and since there had been a ton of things downloaded, deleted, updated in the past year, I found a lot of junk in the internal storage. So I tried to backup, failed the applications part due to apps being too large. So my first problem was i lost some data in the process. I still proceeded with wipe, since I figured that it was about time and since a clean slate would free up some space and I was quite curious as how the tablet would look and feel after. Everything was smooth and I managed to successfully reset. Applied what was backed up and proceeded to install the apps and recall what my last setting were.

Now, I find it weird how updates are installed. How they are made to overlap previous OS versions without messing up with current settings, etc. I found out that a few buttons were gone, like the home screen settings. I couldn't find the very useful tap-to-sleep function. And other things I haven't noticed yet. Overall, the device is working fine. Just hope that Android junk doesn't pile up in storage. 3rd party apps can't clean it so we resort to resets. Also... To be able to transfer apps to the extenal SD, restart the device first after installing the apps. Worked for me.

1 REPLY 1
Apprentice
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Weird stuff after factory reset

Oh, and I wish that the wifi sleep policy be fixed. As I had to keep the device from sleeping in order to download large apps. :/ even if the setting was set to never.