account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Unable to pair dualshock v2 bluetooth with z3 compact tablet

Regular
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Unable to pair dualshock v2 bluetooth with z3 compact tablet

I hope someone can help me please - I've got a new pro console I've just setup and I haven't used remote play for quite a while

I have a z3 compact tablet running kitkat as upgrading the software causes high input lag for me and this is the only reason I have the tablet

The problem I have is with this v2 dualshock the remote play app just gets stuck on the pairing screen when I'm trying to pair the controller - does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks for your help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unable to pair dualshock v2 bluetooth with z3 compact tablet

Regular
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the response but I'm confused - as above a v2 controller (the updated one with the pro & slim) gets stuck on the pairing screen but a v1 controller pairs fine.

I know how to pair the controller it's just the v2 controller won't pair
One time poster
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

I have the samedi problem. Do you find the solution ?
Regular
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Unfortunately not - Contacted Sony support aswell and they were no use.

I have basically had to get an older version controller just for remote play.  Don't see any reason why it shouldn't work as it's just a bluetooth controller at the end of the day no idea why it doesn't work.

One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

I'm having the same problem but it definitely has to do with the remote play app as my controller will connect to the tablet and control it. Its an odd one