account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Scrolling problem

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Scrolling problem

I have bought a new Z3 tablet a day ago, and I to my astonishment the scrolling was dissappointing.

Most of the time when I scroll down it is sluggish and has mini-pauses. It is not smooth and it is annoying for the price I have paid. It doesn't only happen when I use google, but also sometimes when I scroll within the menu. Does all the Z3s have this problem or is it just mine and shall I return it? 

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Scrolling problem

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Sorry to hear that.

My tablet is very smooth when i scroll so that sounds strange. Could you perhaps start by testing your tablet in safe mode to see that it's not caused by an app that you've downloaded and that's running in the background? Hold the on/off button and then tap and hold the power off option to restart in safe mode.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

hi a read your solution, i do a factory reset so now clean, but the scrolling is terribly and i try in safe mode but i cant understand... this is a powerfull device...

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

In which app is the scrolling not working properly? If you for example open "Settings" and scoll up/down do you see any issue there?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.