account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Recent update has removed dark clocks

Adviser
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Recent update has removed dark clocks

After the update last week, the dark clocks are gone from my Z3 Tablet.  I only see 4 clock options now and they are all light.

8 REPLIES 8
Visitor
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Recent update has removed dark clocks

This is what has just happened on my Z3C following update. Hopefully someone can suggest a fix?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Hi,

As far as I know the dark clock widgets has indeed been removed in the latest software update. But I guess there are plenty of dark clock widgets via Google Play so you could take a look there if you haven't already.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Thanks for the reply Chris, but what was the reason?  I believe in keeping things simple.  Now I have use a 3rd party widget because the one that came with the tablet was taken away for no valid reason. Angry Face Angry Face Angry Face

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Unfortunately, I do not have any background information as to why this has been removed.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adept
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

The Clock's font colour will change to dark if you select the "light" theme.

Currently the z5 only has that theme. You can do a search of xda for the apk

Adviser
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

I received a notification for another software update from Sony today.  I wonder what their taking away.  :@

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Using a light theme does not make the font dark. :|

Adept
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

@LjNj_RC51 wrote:

Using a light theme does not make the font dark. :|

It does for me

I downloaded the "Light Theme" from Xperia Z5.

My clock is black

Do a seach in XDA for the apk