account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

New Sony Xperia Z3 Compact tablet - can't get beyond the booting screen

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

New Sony Xperia Z3 Compact tablet - can't get beyond the booting screen

Hi there,

I recently bought a brand new Xperia Z3 Compact tablet from a seller who had surplus stock. However, as soon as I tried to turn it on... It simply gets stuck in a loop on the initial loading screen. I've Googled this endlessly, and so far I can only really see people having issues with cell phones and tablets that they've been using for a while - nobody appears to have my issue where, straight out of the box the thing won't even start.

I've tried the Companion reinstallation several times now and it doesn't appear to be doing anything at all. I've tried the reset button next to the SD slot and I've hard reset it several times. Still zilch. 

Can anyone offer any assistance? 

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: New Sony Xperia Z3 Compact tablet - can't get beyond the booting screen

Hi @Philip2,

Welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear about this Slightly frowning Face. If you have attempted the software repair using Xperia Companion and are still unable to get the tablet to boot up, I would suggest getting in contact with your Local support.

Good luck Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.