account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Help! Vibration stuck on: can't charge/start-up tablet

Learner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Help! Vibration stuck on: can't charge/start-up tablet

Hi! I have a Z3 Tablet, but completely unable to use it at the moment. Slightly frowning Face

The vibration got stuck on so it was just going all the time, which drained the battery. I now cannot start-up the tablet, as it starts vibrating again as soon as I put it on to charge, which depletes the battery again so I can never power up. 

Is there a way to do a reset without turning it on? All the advice I can find when searching says that you need to have the device switched on to do a factory reset, which is impossible in this case. 

I'd really appreciate any advice. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Help! Vibration stuck on: can't charge/start-up tablet

@CharliChai

You will have to charge it, if the battery doesn't reach 80% or above you won't be able to repair it

Take a look at this guide

PC Companion

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Help! Vibration stuck on: can't charge/start-up tablet

Thanks for the response, Uli! This is what I feared: it never charges enough to even switch on, so looks like it's bricked. 

Appreciate the help and link anyway. Slightly smiling Face