account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Disable retail mode

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 1 of 16
Message 1 of 16

Disable retail mode

Hello,

I've tried to enter any code found in the forum to disable the retail demo app.

But it didn't work !

Anyone know the right service code or procedure to disable this mode on Z3 compact tablet WIFI 

Thanks in advance

Regards

Arnaud

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 16
Message 3 of 16

Re: Disable retail mode

have you tried *#*#73556673#*#*

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Emperor
Message 2 of 16
Message 2 of 16

@nonontb

if the code doesn't work then return it to the store.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
Message 3 of 16
Message 3 of 16

have you tried *#*#73556673#*#*

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

View solution in original post

Apprentice
Message 4 of 16
Message 4 of 16

yes, I tried this code and nothing

Regards

Arnaud

Forum Legend
Message 5 of 16
Message 5 of 16

Do you have a demo device - Dial *#*#7378423#*#* then open Service info then Software info and reply with the customization number

Apprentice
Message 6 of 16
Message 6 of 16

My Bad ...entering the code did work after all

I've done it at least three times. I don't know if I mistyped it before or something else ...

Anyway after entering the code correctly, the Contacts Apps closed (it didn't the previous attempts) and the retail demo do not appear anymore when charging...Great !

Arnaud

PS : On a WIFI tablet, to make the dialer appears, refer to this post :http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Tablet-Z/Retail-Demo/m-p/325563#M117

Forum Legend
Message 7 of 16
Message 7 of 16

I installed a 3rd party dialer app from the play store which works just as good

Apprentice
Message 8 of 16
Message 8 of 16

Well, even if I manage to disable the retail demo.

The customization number is : 1290_0438_R3C

Regards

Arnau

Forum Legend
Message 9 of 16
Message 9 of 16

So according to my list the latest firmware version available to you is 23.1.A.1.28/R3C and you have the Frech Generic firmware

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 10 of 16
Message 10 of 16

I'll keep those information
Thanks for your time and replies

Regards,
Arnaud