account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Can't perform system repair from Xperia Companion

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Can't perform system repair from Xperia Companion

Hi,

After Android 6 rolled out I have several issues with apps that were working perfectly before (Olympus app or Autostitch won't even start, for example). I am trying to perform a system repair but can't do it. When I try to start it a window with a progreess bar comes out and reads "Initialazing". the progress bar goes up and down (!) randomly and stays there forever, while nothing happens on the tablet. I have rebooted both tablet and PC, no change.

Any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can't perform system repair from Xperia Companion

@flopezve

Could you try a different computer and make sure to disable antivirus and firewalls.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

@flopezve

Could you try a different computer and make sure to disable antivirus and firewalls.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Tried and worked. Had to install Xperia Companion in another PC. Thanks