account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Apps that have been transfered to SD card now don't run.

SOLVED
Sony Xperia Support
Message 11 of 16
Message 11 of 16

Re: Apps that have been transfered to SD card now don't run.

@Jayturnbull83 Which version of the Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact is it that you have? LTE or Wi-Fi only?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 12 of 16
Message 12 of 16

@Christofer it's the LTE version but using it without a SIM card.
Message 13 of 16
Message 13 of 16

Updated my phone (a xperia z3 compact) to the same software version and do not have this same problem.

Photos that get transfered don't have the issue, only apps. Any ideas?

Only thing I haven't tried is to format the SD card and start again which I would prefer not to do unless I really have to.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 14 of 16
Message 14 of 16

Would it be possible for you to try the SD card in your phone and see if apps moved from your phone behaves the same way? Other than that I'm afraid that formatting the SD card would be my next suggestion.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 15 of 16
Message 15 of 16

@Christofer the test works turns out it is the SD card after all that has become corrupt. I'll be buying a new one today as can't format this one.

Thanks for you help.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 16 of 16
Message 16 of 16

Glad to hear that you were able to find the cause. Sorry about your SD card though.

Thanks for letting me know.