account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

After system repair some apos don't see microSD or OTG

Adviser
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

After system repair some apos don't see microSD or OTG

I have repaired my system with Xperia companion because a couple of apps didn't work after Android 6 update (Olympus app and Auto stitch, they still don't work). My surprise is that now Google photos or Album ignore MicroSD and OTG, I can't play videos from USB OTG with MXplayer... ES explorer works flawlessly, though. What may have happened?

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: After system repair some apos don't see microSD or OTG

@flopezve

Contact the app developers regarding this compatibility issue. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: After system repair some apos don't see microSD or OTG

It may be related to ES Explorer compatibility, but I doubt it. With ES installed neither Google photos nor album update new files stored in microSD, although they still access older ones. I need to uninstall ES and then unmounted and mount microSD for them to update files. I can't choose different apps for playing from file commander and I cannot remove it either. I cannot play directly from USB OTG. All these actions were performed flawlessly by any of the apps before system repair. Now everything is a big mess regarding file management. I need a file manager and none is working for me now...

I was even intending to repair again, but as I do not master permissions and so I fear it can get even worse.