account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

black Screen on camera

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 91 of 93
Message 91 of 93

Re: black Screen on camera

I have the same problem on my sony xperia z3 compact  since I launched 4K video app last week.

I have tried format, resetting app, using another app, and more.

my phone's camera still work in 4K video app but I cannot record a video.

Only by recording takes a video of the exact same picture even when I move it.

I know its too little but better than nothing.

Let me know if this works for you too.

One time poster
Message 92 of 93
Message 92 of 93

Had the same problem for about a month until today. Had to turn off my phone during a theatre show (3hrs), which was the first time I'd done so for a while, and my camera started working again when I turned it back on. I know it's simple, maybe I'm lucky, but hope it might help someone else.

One time poster
Message 93 of 93
Message 93 of 93

@Wolfhound wrote:
I have the same issue. It happened 3 days ago. Our local service center won't honor my warranty since it was purchased online. Service center already tried to replace with a new camera and software reset but still the problem persist. The last action they can do is a main board replacement which would cost me almost a brand new phone.

I hope Sony can answer this Slightly frowning Face

Wow. I'm glad I bought this phone at a huge discount  otherwise I'd be so mad at Sony. One of the reasons to buy it was the supposedly great camera, now the camera won't even turn on. I have cheap economy Nokia phones and their camera still works to this day