account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

black Screen on camera

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 11 of 93
Message 11 of 93

Re: black Screen on camera

Hi I have same problem when I pn camera it shows only black screen and in booton right side shows gprs searcH
some one can help me what kind of problem is it???? Tjanls
Rookie
Message 12 of 93
Message 12 of 93

I have the same problem, i tried to repair using PC companion, Upgrading to lollipop, and everything else mention in the forum and nothing, I just  conctact the saler see if he can help me. In Xperia Care told me i have no warranty for purchase on internet, even the phone was new. Hope you can solve the problem, it is an excellente phone. =(

Rookie
Message 13 of 93
Message 13 of 93

Yes i've noticed. I read your posts in my email. I disappointed of this phone and with the xperia customer service. I bought this phone becuase of its camera and the power that offers in its compact size. Such a shame... Now i have a beautiful 20.1 mp phone that doesn't take photos. it had to be Sony... =(

Regular
Message 14 of 93
Message 14 of 93

I have the same problem but only when i'm using the camera on the manual mode with ISO reduced to 50 otherwise there is no problem . Is that count .

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 15 of 93
Message 15 of 93

Same problem. Changed storage from SD Card back to internal memory and camera works again
One time poster
Message 16 of 93
Message 16 of 93

i got the same problem , my cam works perfect but when i take one or two pics and then view them and after that when i back to my cam to  take pics again i finf it black ..all black ... i restar my phone and the same thing happend again and again 

One time poster
Message 17 of 93
Message 17 of 93

This is the second Z3 Compact I've had this issue with and I'm fed up! I love Sony but they need to get their act together, this is the only thing stopping this from being the perfect phone. I've tried everything: repair, cache clear, full reset, using other photo apps and in every case the camera still won't work. On top of this the flashlight quicksetting icon turns the rear light on but won't turn it off, you need to use the black screen camera app to disable it, any fix for any of this yet? Please tell me if I get a Z5 they will have fixed these issues.
Adept
Message 18 of 93
Message 18 of 93

@mandzukiç wrote:

i got the same problem , my cam works perfect but when i take one or two pics and then view them and after that when i back to my cam to  take pics again i finf it black ..all black ... i restar my phone and the same thing happend again and again 

Go to developer settings

Scroll down to Use AwesomePlayer and turn this off.

This will fix your issue

Regular
Message 19 of 93
Message 19 of 93

Exact same problem for me.
One time poster
Message 20 of 93
Message 20 of 93

Awesomeplayer setting was already off, turning off and on didn't work. Ultimately this phone is just bad because no one seems to know how to fix this.