account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

black Screen on camera

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 61 of 93
Message 61 of 93

Re: black Screen on camera

Hello, I have a problem with my camera on Sony Xperia Z3 compact... After last update, my back camera lost focus...do anyone knows something about that?
One time poster
Message 62 of 93
Message 62 of 93

Go to the apps>go to camera>clear cache and clear storage>directly restart your phone
worked for me (for now)

One time poster
Message 63 of 93
Message 63 of 93

I'm using Xperia X and experienced the black screen when using rear camera but it was a hardware problem and it worked after pressing the edges of the camera and the front side of the phone opposite the camera.

I have powered down the unit several time and still working but I'm still testing to see if the problem is gone.

One time poster
Message 64 of 93
Message 64 of 93

Tried the PC Companion Repair, no results.

One time poster
Message 65 of 93
Message 65 of 93

You little legend.  I can't believe such a simple solution.  I have a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact.  I had the problem where the LED light very randomly will turn on (normally when in my pocket so not sure what activates it) and CANT be turned off and have to power cycle my phone.

I chatted with Sony support several times and they were trying all the obvious and then gunning for a phone reset.  Before I could even get the reset to work I just checked online for a solution and came to this.  

i'm shocked that just turned the flash on and off (I did it about 4 or 5 times - with 5 seconds between each on and off cycle).  BAM !!!   Camera is working perfectly again.

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 66 of 93
Message 66 of 93

The dealer gave a new Z3 compact, this time white, i mean a different phone, not the same just repaired. After 1 week the new one had the same problem, black screen when using rear camera. I found a solution. Since then i use a Moto X Play. Done =) Never again a Sony. 

One time poster
Message 67 of 93
Message 67 of 93

I am also getting Black screen on the camera, how to resolve it

Visitor
Message 68 of 93
Message 68 of 93

Same problem . . Slightly frowning Face
One time poster
Message 69 of 93
Message 69 of 93

Hold down vol up vol down + power button got 3 vibes it turned off, turned it back on and camera was working thanks to silver dolphin

Message 70 of 93
Message 70 of 93

Same Problem ... Tried all.. Not working... Black Screen in back camera...

it was after dropped... any idea?