account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

black Screen on camera

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 51 of 93
Message 51 of 93

Re: black Screen on camera

No YDK not solved this yet, tried hard reset, nothing has worked. I considered reverting back to older andorid version but pressing on the back reverse as mentioned suggests its hardware problem.

Probably just end up chucking the phone and never going back to Sony again.

One time poster
Message 52 of 93
Message 52 of 93

Hello,

I am also experiencing this problem. I have tried the software repair, but it did not work. Any other ideas?

Visitor
Message 53 of 93
Message 53 of 93

Hello SONY!!?!

HELLO!!!!!

This is clearly a common problem... one google reveals loads of people with the same issue. But on the support section of their website there is nothing about it, and no-one has solved it.

Sony, what can I do to sort this. I love your phone and have had many, but there's ALWAYS something that goes wrong. Solve this and I give you another chance.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

One time poster
Message 54 of 93
Message 54 of 93

hey guys, i had same issue and was just devastated. but i tried the "double button reset" thingy and it worked! SO HAPPY! I hope that it would help for some of you out there. 

Just hold down "Volume up" + "Volume down" + "Power" at same time and voila! happy bunny!
Hope it helps

One time poster
Message 55 of 93
Message 55 of 93

My wive's Z3C has same issue, main camera shows only black screen...  been unable to fix using the various suggestions.

One time poster
Message 56 of 93
Message 56 of 93

Same issue here. I have been searching the internet for a while now on this issue and it seems like it has been a common sony issue since at least 2013 - are they even trying to figure out what is up or are just just saying screw it not our problem.

One time poster
Message 57 of 93
Message 57 of 93

Since Sony didnt take too much care and support will not tell you anything, here my research.... I think having the option and the knowledge to fix a phone is a huge benefit - pretty happy until now with the z3compact.

filters?

Obove the red cirlce is the rear (main) camera looking to the table.

In my case after dropping the phone the upper chip was loose. Likely its a fiter, however when trying to fix it it jumped away and it is extremly extremly (!!!!!!) small - so it was gone!

There are two possible option how to fix the camera, and i dont know yet the right solution, likely there is no difference:

• You have to connect AB with CD and EF with GH
  • Its more sensitive and you need to connect A to C,B to D,E to G and F to H.

Some russian tech sites suggest to solder two bridges which mean that the first option here would be enough. I chose the first option with piece of silver foil as I didnt have the tools and trying it, didnt break anything, however for me it didnt work.

Make sure to fix the bridges with a drop of glue after you tested that it works. Other complained that a bridge is not too stable for daily use, therefore glue it once it works!

Here you can see how small it is and how it jumped away.

IMG_0032 bearb small.jpg

One time poster
Message 58 of 93
Message 58 of 93

I had the same problem too. I was told by technicians that camera was broken. I waited 1 month to bring a new one. Cost 60€
Learner
Message 59 of 93
Message 59 of 93

I got the same problem. Xperia Z2. The front camera still working but back camera is black, I tried everything, cache, xperia companion and it still doesnt work.

One time poster
Message 60 of 93
Message 60 of 93

My camera just stopped working, only the back one... I have no idea what happened, have deleated the cache, installed new camera, got the new software... nothing seems to work. And this isn't solved yet.  I have a z3 compact and bought it because of the camera.. this is a bummer.