account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z3c Front glass unglued

Rookie
Message 11 of 20
Message 11 of 20

Re: Z3c Front glass unglued

Ok, I'm not opening a new thread because I don't think I need assistance as such.
My screen unglued as well, maybe because I run my phone hot for prolonged periods of time (high demanding tasks such as games) worst of all, something went underneath the screen and when I was trying to press it together I damaged a corner of the LCD, a square of about 4 x 10 px and their corresponding lines are bust.
I bought the phone from a private seller on a popular Mexican site called MercadoLibre (very much like eBay) and he told me it was originally bought in USA as a gift from a family member, but that he just bought another phone and had no use for this one. I checked that the IMEI on the box, SW and label matched and online for possible duplicates. All the hardware and everything else was in order, total talk time was 0 as well (although I know it can be tricked). Anyway, I digress.
I contacted Xperia Care here in Mexico to locate a service center, even willing to pay for the repairs if I couldn't do a warranty claim. They told me that I cannot repair my phone with them, as it was not a national device and it couldn't be "sent to the [repairing] plant"...
I ended up buying the replacements from an eBay dealer (ewwtrading) and plan on repairing it myself, but I find ridiculous that Sony can't repair their own devices even for a fee.
I apologize for the wall o'text.
Apprentice
Message 12 of 20
Message 12 of 20

Buying a Sony phone is a big hassle these days. they're great phones, that is when they work. 5 months ago i got replaced under warranty my z3 compact, because of the screen being unglued(left top corner). Today i noticed that this phone has the same problem. Fortunately, it's still covered by warranty, until december. Just for a smartphone, using a Sony product is to much of a hassle. I don't think it's a heat problem, but I think that Sony should change his quality management crue, and fire them. I will not use another Sony phone any time soon. To bad that they make good phones, but they last for a very short time. To bad...
Learner
Message 13 of 20
Message 13 of 20

I'm on my second one with exactly the same problem. The screen peeling away from the body of the phone. Never been dropped or anything. Last one went to Sony service centre and had to go back a further three times as it came back with other things wring with it. Not related to the initial problem I might add! After this ended up getting a brand new handset fromO2 UK. Now having the same issue.

Here's the kicker. Sony say it's not a design problem, yet they're prepared to fix for nothing. Albeit with extremely poor service record.
One time poster
Message 14 of 20
Message 14 of 20

Same problem here but i have found sort of a solution :

First Take some black electrical tape and put it on the bottom bezel of the phone and wrap it around the phone joining the end at the side of the phone , it isnt pretty but it will hold your screen down

Talent
Message 15 of 20
Message 15 of 20

This issue should be covered by warranty

Contact your local sonycentre

regards,

One time poster
Message 16 of 20
Message 16 of 20

Sad to say this is still happening to z3c. Plus the yellow/red line on mine. Got this around 7-8 months ago(in august). Didn't have enough money to pay the retail price, so got it from a pawn shop with 6 months warraty, fun. It's very trully sad since I love sony phones so much...dremt of getting this phone for a year, now I'm left with having to tape my screen on.
Visitor
Message 17 of 20
Message 17 of 20

I have the exact same problem and this seems to be design fault.

Fist time it unglued on top corner after 6 months. I had warranty so I repaired it. It took them around 1.5 months to do it.. After just 3 months it happened again. Again I rapider it under warranty. Then it happened again after 4 months! This time they gave me a new Z3 Compact as replacement.

This would be great.. but the Z3 Compact I got also got unglued on the same spot after just 2 months! Beat up

And the best part, my warranty expired! If I look at it, in 2 years my phone was around 6 months in repair shop.

Sony was very unhelpful. I tried to contact them and all they did was proxied me to local distributor saying that it was their problem instead of at least apologizing for obvious design fault.

Slightly frowning Face 

Apprentice
Message 18 of 20
Message 18 of 20

Looking at these comments, I think I can consider myself lucky.  My phone made it 2 years, 5 months before the top left corner came loose.  I bought new adhesive from a phone repair shop and did the repair myself.  ...only to find the glass trying to come loose again.
Another website suggested clamping the phone as best and safely as you can (considering the panels are thin glass) and run a heat gun around the edge.  And leave the phone clamped overnight.
I'm going to try this, though first attempt will be with existing adhesive.

One time poster
Message 19 of 20
Message 19 of 20

Does anyone has found an armor case that can stick the screen to the frame?

One time poster
Message 20 of 20
Message 20 of 20

IMG-20181107-WA0010.jpg

Yeah. All the glue is gone. The screen still works in the places it worked before the screen came of but still dosent work in the places it didn't work before. I'm not replacing it until early January so have taped it up for now. But yeah I'm gonna try Samsung, I've lost my trust in sony