account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z3c Front glass unglued

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 20
Message 1 of 20

Z3c Front glass unglued

I have a Sony Xperia Z3 compact, and not that long after I bought it my front glass came loose in the top left corner after I've had it in a warm bath. I got it repaired and now the front glass has come loose in on the left side again in the middle.

My guess is the glue melted and the glass got unglued as while browsing google, I've seen that this happened to other Xperia users of earlier models, especially the back panel. Maybe I shouldn't have my phone while being in a warm bath, but this time I didn't do anything for the screen to come loose.

I love my phone in every other way so I am thinking of buying a new one of the same model, hoping that it is just my particular phone that has this fault. But I am worried that this is a general thing for the Xperia Z3 compact, so I would like to hear if other users have had the same issue?

Thanks a lot.

19 REPLIES 19
One time poster
Message 2 of 20
Message 2 of 20

Re: Z3c Front glass unglued

As a owner of Z3c I had similar problem, except I NEVER put my phone in water of any kind, nor spill anything on it. Top left corner also unglued after approximately 6 months. All moisture indicators are white.

My coworker bought Z3c two weeks before me and he has the same problem. He went to authorized Sony service center and they told him they put new glue in place, but the device is not waterproof anymore. Of course the new glue did not last full week.

In our opinion the problem occurred because of sweat and heat from cheeks accumulated during talking. Since we are both working in service center for other type of electronics and we are authorized service center for other mobile phone brands I think our opinion is correct.
This is my first Sony mobile phone. Probably the last for me, because I feel disappointed and deceived by Sony claim of IPxy characteristics of this device.

You need to make this decision for yourself, but before you do, read other users experiences on the net. I think you'll agree with me.
One time poster
Message 3 of 20
Message 3 of 20

Both my Sony Xperia z1 and z3 compact phones just got cracked screens from nowhere, I'm incredibly careful with nth gadgets. the z3 after a few days of having it, z1 after 3 months, I sent the z1 back to the UK as it had warranty and they fixed it but couldn't I couldn't send it back to Brazil ( where I am now ) because of the customs taxes and months of delays so I sold it and bought the newer model here hoping it was just bad luck the first time. But my Sony Xperia z2 tablet also just switches off sometimes by itself and won't switch back on for two whole days. I'm regretting going for a new Xperia now, all three have had problems and Brazil has no Sony stores, plus I'm throwing good money after bad..

One time poster
Message 4 of 20
Message 4 of 20

I have the same problem(( Top RIGHT corner also unglued after approximately 6 months. I don't have an authorized Sony service center in my country, so nobody can fix the screen(((

I like this phone very much...((( So pity it's happened(

One time poster
Message 5 of 20
Message 5 of 20

I just got the same issue, it's barely a year I have this phone and never went underwater with it nor smashed it.

It started couple of days ago with an issue while being on call then yesterday I noticed the screen is just getting unglued.

Did anyone have some process to follow to get it change or fixed ? 

this seems to be a construction issue of the device

One time poster
Message 6 of 20
Message 6 of 20

Same here z3 front glass seems like its peeling off but all across the top and also a yellowish shadow down the left hand side has appeared. I love my phone too this is horrible!!!!
One time poster
Message 7 of 20
Message 7 of 20

i have the same problem top lef it started bit not its spreding to the right 

by the looks of it im going to have to send it off (still underwarenty) but i dont know if there going to charge for it or not 

its defanatly a heating problem (phone to ear) , i have to stick with the phone as i just got the cycal mount for it , i like the phone but it cost me a bom to get it , and well sony should fix it as its clearly not the first time , you have over 400 views , thats got to sat someing there , i hope thy fix it :s 

One time poster
Message 8 of 20
Message 8 of 20

I got the same problem right now. It just started twi days ago in the top left corner of the display. Not sure if they fix it for free or if they want to charge me. I baught it 10 month ago so it's still under warranty. It seems this becomes a commen problem

One time poster
Message 9 of 20
Message 9 of 20

I'm having this issue for the third time. First two times I received a new one from the service but now probably they will not have in stock. I never put my phone in water. I curious what the guys from the service will say. I don't want another brand, that's for sure.

One time poster
Message 10 of 20
Message 10 of 20

Same problem on two different z3cs now. Last one is only 2 months old. Tried to fix the first one but the display cracked and therfore no warranty...