account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Z3C camera issue "recording in progress in another app. cannot record"

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 27
Message 1 of 27

Z3C camera issue "recording in progress in another app. cannot record"

Hi!

I got my Z3C and it's a great device but got also a little issue with the camera app. Everytime I start the original camera app, I also get the following message: "recording in progress in another app. cannot record"
After confirming the dialogue, I can still make photos and videos. I deinstalled every other app, which could use the camera and restarted the device. Nothing is helping, the message is still appearing.

Any suggestion how I can get rid of this message?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Regular
Message 3 of 27
Message 3 of 27

Re: Z3C camera issue "recording in progress in another app. cannot record"

Got the same problem. Read it happens when "Ok Google" is turned on

http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3-compact/general/camera-app-issue-recording-progress-app-t2888431

26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
Message 2 of 27

Check how it goes in safe mode:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 3 of 27
Message 3 of 27

Got the same problem. Read it happens when "Ok Google" is turned on

http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3-compact/general/camera-app-issue-recording-progress-app-t2888431

Learner
Message 4 of 27
Message 4 of 27

Wow, didn't find that. Thanks for your information and support! Hopefully it'll get fixed soon...

Learner
Message 5 of 27
Message 5 of 27

Has Sony acknowledged this problem yet??

One time poster
Message 6 of 27
Message 6 of 27

I have the same issue with Xperia Z3! Do the Sony people even look at this forum???

One time poster
Message 7 of 27
Message 7 of 27

you can still turn on "Google Now" just uninstall the latest "Google Now update". I've been trying to fix it since the issue started and found out you can still turn on Google now just not to the latest update where you can use "Ok Google" anywhere on the screen.
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 27
Message 8 of 27

Same problem here with Z3 (full sized) This seems to be a priorities error with the Sony camera software & to be honest we should have received a fix for this long before now - WHAT ARE YOU DOING SONY?????????????????????

From past experiences with SONY software the answer will be very little!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visitor
Message 9 of 27
Message 9 of 27

Install Google Now launcher - problem solved. I'm sure Sony will address this in the next update.
Visitor
Message 10 of 27
Message 10 of 27

P.S. You still have do disable 'OK Google" detection from any screen, but with Google now launcher it will work with the "from google search screen" option even from home screen without interfering with the Sony Camera app.