account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z3 touch screen issue

Learner
Message 31 of 49
Message 31 of 49

Re: Z3 touch screen issue

Hello people! I have a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact D5803 and I'm faced with same many problems described on this forum.

look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCaI_i7b_Ms

At first I thought it was a firmware version bug because three weeks before noticing the issues I made an air update to 23.4.A.0.546
I searched on Google for solutions...tap on and off buttons and functions,clear data, clear cache, safe mode, software repair using PC companion, nothing worked, I even downgrade to KitKat 4.4.4 (23.0.A.2.93) and gradually returned to Lollipop 5.1.1 (23.4.A.0.546), no good, the problem is present on all 'levels'.
Finally I appealed to the last resort: store guarantee = Service!

After 15 days of 'repairs' they sent me a mail:

'Your phone is ready; Operating done: cleaning contacts, upgrade software, calibrated touch.'
I don't want them to send it to me, and i go personally to pick it up, there i did a quickly touchscreen test (enter the following code *#*#7378423#*#* into the dialler) and disappointment, the issue was not repair.

I started to argue with the staff, they apologized telling me it's not their fault because there is only the store checkpoint and the service is somewhere else... so they retained my phone again, but this time giving them the video describing the problems, telling me this will speed up the case (I really hope so)....................................................................................................................................

Yippee!!! Finally, after other 7 working days + a weekend, they decided to give me a brand new Sony Xperia Z3 Compact phone. So far so good after 2 days of using and testing my new device, but I will keep my eyes on him especially until the warranty is over because i see the screen issue is quite common: https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3/Weird-touch-screen-issue/m-p/1038405#M23819

Fellow @Flow90 go personally or press for on the retailer/manufacturer, because I think is just like in my case, somebody from the service center doesn't do his job well.

For @serep : Stop wasting time with Sony Companion and do a touch screen test and see if you find any dead spots (enter the following code *#*#7378423#*#* into the dialler, push - Service Test - then - Touch Screen - and start scribble) I think you have the same problem.

One time poster
Message 32 of 49
Message 32 of 49

I have the Z3v for verizon my recomendation is to not get it because the screen is horrible and no updates for it troughout verizon. I had it for 4 months then the screen just started lagging so i switched to galaxy s6 but i still have my z3v

One time poster
Message 33 of 49
Message 33 of 49

My Z3 screen started going crazy took it to Sony in Singapore they said 2 weeks to repair.

No loan phones were available. I was sitting there for about 30 min waiting to get helped and I was just listening to other people problems guess what all the same issue on all the same phone (Sony Z3) I am very disappointed in Sony after service….. 2 weeks is a long time to sit with no phone.

One time poster
Message 34 of 49
Message 34 of 49

Sony Experia Z3 is giving too many problems since the time I have bought it. I am not able to drop the notification bar down. And now even my touch screen is giving multiple problems. There are breakdowns after every software update. Can Sony do something worthwile for its users please!!!

One time poster
Message 35 of 49
Message 35 of 49

one minute my phone was working fine the next only the top third of the screen was working. this means i cant unlock it or even check whats wrong on PC companion, can i go get this fixed at a phone repair shop or will i need to get a whole new handset. need to know asap - i will order a new one through insurance but need to know sooner or later. 

Apprentice
Message 36 of 49
Message 36 of 49

my warranty ended last october...i dont wanna pay anything on this problem..it is all because of the new update of lolipop..i am becoming to hating sony now..

One time poster
Message 37 of 49
Message 37 of 49

Hi, im a Sony Xperia Z3 compact user. in my phone bottom part of the screen not responding. the top half is working fine. S/W of the phone is updated to the latest.phone isn't physically damaged. never droped. no carck in the screen. suddenely occoured.

tryed full reset and repair via PC companion. nothing works. phone purchased less than a year. can anyone support on this matter.

thanks

One time poster
Message 38 of 49
Message 38 of 49

That looks like a real HW problem, contact support for repair since you still have warranty

Inhabitant
Message 39 of 49
Message 39 of 49

I want to give everyone who posts on this thread a year end update. I have 2 Z3 phones. Niether of them have any touch issues. I never experienced any sort of problems with my Z3 as I did with the Z1. However, I do see that Z3 users are having similar issues. I have no answers or solutions as of now but It looks like this could be software related? Or faulty hardware in some devices. I would recommend contacting Sony for an evaluation on the device and possible replacment under the limited warranty (USA). Its strange that some devices have this issue, but since I bought 2 one year ago, and I have dropped them both many times while in a thin protection case, I can firmly state that no issues have became known.

I hope this can somewhat relieve the suspicions that the Z series phones are faulty with the screens. I can also back this up with a third device, my firend purchased one earlier this year and his device works flawles.
Visitor
Message 40 of 49
Message 40 of 49

I am a Z3 Compact user. Experioencing the same problem here. on my device, the problem is with the lower part of the screen (Back, Home, Running Apps Button). I am currently unable to touch those buttons.

At first I thought it might be the screen protector since i had it from day 1 so i removed. Unfortunately it did'nt resolve my concern.

Tried resetting using sony companion. Thought the problem was resolved since i was able to press on the lower part of the screen during initial set up of the phone. Excitement ended when the initial set up was done... Slightly frowning Face still unable to press those buttons.

So the problem is not with the touchscreen itself but more of so with the software or firmware. 

I just remembered that i only  updated to lollipop a month ago. Did not have this issue when i was still in KitKat.

A temp solution that works for me now is I turned the Glove mode on. A few press and (lil sliding) on top of the icons seems to work.

But still irritating since it will take sometimes a couple of press and sliding.

I feel bad because i think I am a little out of the warranty ( a few days). Got this Phone as an award from my company last feb 2015, but i think the purchase date is on the first days of february.

i hope someone here or from sony can find a solution for this. maybe trough update?