account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Z3 touch screen issue

One time poster
Message 21 of 49
Message 21 of 49

Re: Z3 touch screen issue

My problem was that touch and hold feature was not working, for instance touching an icon and dragging it to home screen was impossible, it was behaving like I've moved my finger away from the screen while dragging the icon.

I tried everything suggested under this thread, lastly, I was going to try to turn off touch-screen-to-wake-up feature, but it was already turned off. So I've turned it on, and off.

Either this worked for me (which is unlikely, probably even irrelevant), or, the display was too hot while having this problem, it may be related to this. It got cooled while I try different things, like turning the phone turn on and off, while searching a solution on the web, probably the temperature of the screen decreased.

The solution may be just to turn the phone off and wait.

One time poster
Message 22 of 49
Message 22 of 49

Hy

I just received my xperia z3 from repair a week ago and now touchscreen have same problem. I never will buy sony products anymore as now is 3 rd time in 2 months when i send to be repaired. Quality for this phone is not what sony promised. 

I am very dissapoined

Message 23 of 49
Message 23 of 49

I've now noticed this issue twice, and it started after I enabled Gesture Input, which I have now disabled again, will update here if it stays away.

I'm also 99.9% sure it is a firmware issue:

After the first time, I had YAMTT (yet another multi touch tester) installed and kept open as app. When the issue came up a second time, I managed to switch to it, and I saw that the first touch point went all over the place, but any other extra (concurrent) touches were spot-on.

So if it had been hardware, none of the multi touch points would have made sense. But it was only the first point that acted up and bounced around.

I recon there's a bug in the touch driver or whatever code that hooks into it for the swype-style keyboard.

Rookie
Message 24 of 49
Message 24 of 49

I have a similar issue on z3.the left side of the screen doesn't respond..if I type several times or using my nail it may respond! I hope a update can fix this issue
Rookie
Message 25 of 49
Message 25 of 49

Just to add. I tried to fix it with Sony compassion.. No luck with that
Rookie
Message 26 of 49
Message 26 of 49

I'm sending my Z3 back tomorrow.
The keyboard thing is mental, sometimes minimising the keyboard sorts it out, sometimes I can't minimise the keyboard - it brings up the Google search instead. So I lock the phone, sometimes that resolves it. sometimes I can't put my pattern in and have to power off.
That and my battery is gone after a couple of hours browsing / use. It overheats like crazy, battery doctor has registered up as far as 40c - I'm guessing an overheating battery may be the issue.. Here's hoping anyway. It's a bad sign when the battery is equivalent to a 2 year old iPhone5!!
One time poster
Message 27 of 49
Message 27 of 49

I was on facebook yesterday with the chrome browser and I couldn't comment on the forms because the keyboard stopped working properly.

I was using the auto complete for misspelled words and instead of completing the word it was keep the miss spelling and add the word on top

for example GameGameboy . So I pressed the button at Game to complete it and that's what happened.
Backspace even started adding words instead of deleting them

I really like the phone but I have just recieved it and already quite a major issue I'm thinking of sending it back unless there is a fix for it

Message 28 of 49
Message 28 of 49

I just want to confirm what I wrote back in March: after disabling swype, I've had zero keyboard issues

Visitor
Message 29 of 49
Message 29 of 49

Thanks Smithy81, your advice helped ne with my problems with the screen appearing to be a ohoti negative. Under Accessibility I adjusted a experimental adjustment regarding the color of the display on the screen.
One time poster
Message 30 of 49
Message 30 of 49

IMG_0875.JPG

this is how I solved my display issue with this crappy phone.

Sony should stick making TV's and Playstations , products which I really appreaciate.. But phones are crap.