account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Z3 touch screen issue

Visitor
Message 11 of 49
Message 11 of 49

Re: Z3 touch screen issue

Hi, I have had a similar problem on my Z3 compact twice since september. But only after the phone has been on for a month or so. Just had it the second time, and the phone's uptime is now ~650h.

I use swiftkey keyboard. Last time and this time it helps to minimize the keyboard when typing gets messed up by the problem, and bring up the keyboard agin. But the issue returns shortly after anyway, and scrolling remain difficult.

Last time it happened, I just restarted the phone, and that's what I'll try this time too. The fact that restarting the phone get rid of the problem indicate that it is a software problem and not a hardware problem. So either some app, or in the device specific Android itself.

/Thomas

Visitor
Message 12 of 49
Message 12 of 49

And while googling for this, I also found someone saying turning off the touch-screen-to-wake-up function in the settings got rid of the problem. I have this feature enabled.

/Thomas

Regular
Message 13 of 49
Message 13 of 49

My only touch screen problem was over sensitive which was caused by having the glove mode on.
One time poster
Message 14 of 49
Message 14 of 49

I have a Z3, and I am having the same issu. When I'm typing it seems to think that my finger is flying around pm Mn m m mm Mon man m my l mm..... happened again.. Flying around the screen and clicks random buttons and makes random words, not sure if its the screen protector or something
Cheers
One time poster
Message 15 of 49
Message 15 of 49

This is the same problem I am having, I thought it might be a glitch that would be patched. The longer it has gone on the worse it has gotten. Sometimes I'm struggling to do basic things Like text, browse the web and even unlocking my phone. It just should be like this with a £500 phone.
I used the diagnoses app and you can see on that how erratic the touch is on the screen.

EDIT: Just realised thus is in the z3 compact when I have a z3, same issue though.
cse
One time poster
Message 16 of 49
Message 16 of 49

I've been getting this problem on my Z3 compct as well. 

Symptoms: Touching the screen results in unexpected behaviour:

- very fast scrolling of pages and sometimes scrolling in the wrong direction

- touching a button doesn't register or takes unusually long

- pressing backspace/enter while typing results in wrong keyboard input and sometimes appears to type random text as if I was using gestures (like a swype keyboard).

Occurrence: First noticed it maybe a month or 2 ago. Since then I've noticed it occurring at random maybe once every few days. I do recall having charged the phone some hours prior - maybe some electrical charge/static buildup?

Temporary fix: Sometimes the problem goes away on its own, but other times I've had to restart the phone to get back to normal.

My settings: Glove mode and tap to wake has always been off. Gesture mode was on and I don't want to disable as I use it a lot. I also don't think gesture mode is the cause as I sometimes get the problem while I'm just scrolling pages. I do use a simple screen protector but I've used those with other phones and never had an issue.

http://www.androidauthority.com/sony-xperia-z3-compact-problems-576126/: Problem #7 – Overly sensitive touchscreen

suggests stopping the com.sonymobile.touchscreen.touchfilter running process. Not sure what side effect this has but I'll give it a go.

Learner
Message 17 of 49
Message 17 of 49

sorry i posted on the other forum about this 

dont wanna repeat again 

try this one here : http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Swipe-issue-unwanted-quot-bounce-back-quot-effect/m-...

One time poster
Message 18 of 49
Message 18 of 49

I just bought my Xperia Z3C just over a week ago. This morning, after charging the phone, I noticed that I could not successfully tap on certain buttons. Tapping on the letter e would jump to w or r. Tapping comma would iump to space. I tried the diagnostics tunction and found out that a vertical band on the touchscreen is faulty. Tried many resets and on/offs but problem persists. Will bring my unit to the service center tomorrow.
Visitor
Message 19 of 49
Message 19 of 49

Does anybody encounter this kind of problem: http://youtu.be/EUeAt1HMt-w
One time poster
Message 20 of 49
Message 20 of 49

I have the exact issue as iFloi, only one one side of my keyboard letters stopped working including I/N/Period.. I swipe over it and it literally skips these letters. The unit is going back to Sony for repair will update once I hear back. I've had this phone since October and had no issues.