account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Z3 touch screen issue

Inhabitant
Message 2 of 49
Message 2 of 49

Z3 touch screen issue

Hello.

I'm currently a Z1s owner. I noticed thatany people are having problems with the touch screen spazzing out like the digitizer cuts out resulting in unwanted zooming, highlight of text and to the point of not being able to unlock your phone if you have the pattern lock.

Has anyone who owns the Z3 know if you are having the same problems? It's really a big deal if you have been in the other forums about the problem on the Z1s. I am looking to get the new Z3 when it drips in the USA but i really want to know if sony has addressed this problem. All the reviews I watch are just so vague that they are no help. I need comments from actual users. Thank you!
48 REPLIES 48
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 49
Message 1 of 49

Re: Z3 touch screen issue

Here is the link to the thread on this website about the problem.

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Z1s/xperia-z1-touchscreen-problems/td-p/410611
Emperor
Message 3 of 49
Message 3 of 49

One post its more than enough. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 4 of 49
Message 4 of 49

@uliwooly wrote:

One post its more than enough. 

That is a post about the Z1, but the OP is asking if the Z3 has this issue as well.

As a reply to the OP, I've not noticed anything like that in the Z3 Compact. No cuts or breaks in lines, nor unregistered touches. Although there is a small issue which I suspect is caused by the touch screen being slightly too sensitive:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Swipe-issue-unwanted-quot-bounce-back-quot-effect/td...

Emperor
Message 5 of 49
Message 5 of 49

@DeGraaff  his other post has been deleted but he posted the same thing (a duplicate)

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 6 of 49
Message 6 of 49

I received my z3 compact in Australia this morning, I have that exact issue. Unwanted highlighting of text, scrolling of pages, can't type properly. Just returned it to the retailer but they wouldn't give me an on the spot replacement.
One time poster
Message 7 of 49
Message 7 of 49

I picked up a Z3 compact 2 months ago. 

I've had a similar issue. When I type for example and use the return-key the keyboard is writing words my itself. 

And lately it's started to flip even more. Closing a Messenge window has turned in to some kind of "hunt" over the screen. I'm gonna try switch it for a new one. 

Inhabitant
Message 8 of 49
Message 8 of 49

It seems you have more of a hardware issue or if you damaged your phone or dropped it? I never had it that bad. And I never to press different different areas of the screen to close any thing. It could be an app or something physical. Try reinstalling the phone using pc companion.
Visitor
Message 9 of 49
Message 9 of 49

I had these issues which were becoming more frequent, but have fixed it.

Go to Settings - Language & input - Xperia keyboard config and turn off the Gestrure input.

Also to to Accessubility - Touch & hold delay - change this to Medium (it'll be on short as default)

It's probably more to do with the touch and hold delay, but I haven't had an issue since.  It was screwing up my alarm clock when I needed to silence it which was annoying because you have to drag the screen to silence it.  I actually downloaded a different alarm clock app, but that was probably unnecessory.  Definitely a software issue.

Hope that helps!

One time poster
Message 10 of 49
Message 10 of 49

I have tried what Smithy81 suggested, but no result. Does anyone actually know how to solve the problem? Will factory reset help? It would be nice to have some Sony representatives in this thread...

Cheers