account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z3 compact faulty mini jack

Learner
Message 31 of 45
Message 31 of 45

Re: Z3 compact faulty mini jack

I had this issue on my first Z3C and sent it in for replacement.

The new one is having the same issue after about a month or two. :/

Rookie
Message 32 of 45
Message 32 of 45

Owner of a Z3C, deejaying a gig last weekend, computer went down for a few minutes due to windows updates, said no problem,i have a couple short mixes i mixed up a few weeks before, i run them till the computer is done, BIG NO on that one, seven 3.5 mm cords to rca, not one would work, tryed four different head sets, set  of beats studio, skill candy, the orignal ones from sony and a pair of pro audio pioneer , nope simply wasnt happening. Ended up having to grab my bluetooth audio adapter from my car that feeds my car audio system from the phone to the stereo via blue tooth. I cant believe some thing sony mass produce would be like this, in fact to this day i still own some of their pro audio gear they made back in the day,and every thing right down to the 3.5 mm jack works flawlessly Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 33 of 45
Message 33 of 45

Same issue. JACK DOE NOT FIT. My Sony noise suppression speakers that came with my Z3. My contract is with O2 have had this phone for just over 14 months and considering That bought this phone predominantly for music, I find this unacceptable... What can be done as therw is no sound coming through the headset now
Learner
Message 34 of 45
Message 34 of 45

I've just replaced this headphone audio jack , but still does not work... 

So i've guess it isn't worth to send our phones back to have a repair by sony itself , because now i'm convinced its an issue which will keep coming back , over and over again  .....

They really should do something about it, for me personally it's quite an important function this audio jack .... And for Sony, who has such a worldwide reputation, you should think they would help us better and do something about it by design an other jack system for our phones.... bummer....

One time poster
Message 35 of 45
Message 35 of 45

I have also problem with my z3 compact audiojack and i dont know what to do now since 2 months. I am using now bluetooth earphones but i want my audiojack back
One time poster
Message 36 of 45
Message 36 of 45

I have had the same problem. I have had it repaired three times and sony won't acknowledge the problem. It has just started happening again. I have rung up Sony and live web chatted via the link some of the other comments keep giving and it hasn't helped. I have done everything they have suggested. I honestly don't know what to do next. They won't even give me a replacement phone. 

Apprentice
Message 37 of 45
Message 37 of 45

You'll have more problems with a new sony phone as with an 5 years used one from another brand, lol.

I've done the same mistake, you should learn from mistakes.

I learned that i'll NEVER NEVER buy a mobile phone from sony again.

YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG, SONY...

Visitor
Message 38 of 45
Message 38 of 45

same here for me too, just noticed it yesterday when it wouldnt conenct to head phones, although not sure its the jack as if u use another 3rd party app the head phones work but the controls on the headphones dont, so its possible its just some thing bad with smart connect?

One time poster
Message 39 of 45
Message 39 of 45

I use SoundAbout app to force audio through headset and I can not use my headset with my Z3 compact properly.

Hope this helps.

One time poster
Message 40 of 45
Message 40 of 45

My friend had an similar issue with his Z2 and Z3,but only the Z2 have nota been fixed.