account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z3 compact faulty mini jack

Visitor
Message 21 of 45
Message 21 of 45

Re: Z3 compact faulty mini jack

My second Z3C is now having this issue again...

Wonderful..

One time poster
Message 22 of 45
Message 22 of 45

"Just started having the same problem yesterday. Have had the z3 compact for about 3 months. Listen to music on my commute to and from work every day and keep the phone in my pocket. Sound pauses when I just slightly touch the headphone plug as if I unplugged the headphone."

me too Slightly frowning Face

I had a Xperia Z for more than 2 years and there was no problem with mini jack.Sony quality goes down??

Does anyone now if this only happens with "compact" models or is there same problem with  Xperia Z3?

One time poster
Message 23 of 45
Message 23 of 45

I am having the exact same problem :'( this is so annoying as I use my phone as my primary lisening device for all my music.  Off I go to contact Sony I guess! 

Message 24 of 45
Message 24 of 45

I got my Z3C in August last year and about a month into ownership I had this issue - the phone would act like the headphones had been removed when they hadn't, and so music would stop playing.

I sent it to Xperia Care to be repaired - they sent the phone back within a week, repaired, and (touch wood!) a year later the issue has not reappeared.

One time poster
Message 25 of 45
Message 25 of 45

Oh, this is just great.

Bought my Z3C few months ago (and I was really happy about it)

This morning I discovered that my audio jack is busted.

I'm not a heavy user of headpones anyway but still ... this is VERY annoying and by reading everybody's feedback here it's clear that Sony is to blame.

By the way mine is week 43.

Thank you Sony.

Really, thank you very very much.

My next phone won't be a Sony (and I won't be surprised if their mobile devision will disappear somewhere in 2017)

Learner
Message 26 of 45
Message 26 of 45

I had the same problem and the port minijack doesn't work because I hear nothing since the last week. I use other headphones and I've had the same result.
One time poster
Message 27 of 45
Message 27 of 45

Mine does the exact same when putting my headphones in. Seems as though the port isn't secured in place firmly enough to stop these issues. Mine has a high frequency clicking and cuts out both the mid and low range frequency. Debating whether to fix it myself or sending it away to Sony. The jack is £5 on eBay and is very easy to switch out. Sending it back to Sony will cost considerably more.
Apprentice
Message 28 of 45
Message 28 of 45

Good day,

first of all, sorry for my mistakes I'll make, my english is not very well.

I bought me an new Sony Z3 Compact. !!! In AUGUST 13.08.2015 !!!! I wanted to have a new mobile phone, cause I thought I'll have no problems with it (at least for the first time), I was wrong. First I was very proud, cause i worked for it very hard and I really like this phone, but a few days ago my jack doesn't work, too. It's only 4 Months 'old' how could that happen ?!?! I really take care of my phones, cause I have to buy everything on my own. I'm really pissed off, before i owned a Z3C I got an S2 for 3 years, there was the only problem the battery wasn't able to charge after 3 YEARS.

I'll send it in for repair today, I'm curious. If any problem appear again, I'll send it in again. And if there is a problem for the third time I want my money back, for sure. I just think if there is such a problem after 4 month it couln't be a positiv future with this phone.

I thought I'm the only one with this problem and it where understandable to get no replacement, but I'm not the only one, lots of people got this problem, but still no replacement.  

Do they repair the Phone ? appears the problem again ?

Or do I get a new phone ?

One time poster
Message 29 of 45
Message 29 of 45

I have had my xperia z3 compact for 1 year now. I sent the phone to be repaired, and I guess they put in a new plug. The new plug has worked for about 5 months now....but guess what ...now it does not work again...tiresome !!!

Anyway, service was quick, but annoying still. 

Just to let you people know ...

Martin

Apprentice
Message 30 of 45
Message 30 of 45

Got my phone back...

.. on same day i got my phone back i noticed other NEW problems. My front screen is loose in the middel, if i push on it not to hard, but also not to soft I hear unusual crackle sounds. Its 100% due to the repair service, first my mini jack doesnt work, to repair it they have to pull of the back cover, to do that they heat up the back cover. I think the heat it up to much, so that the glue detached from the front screen. AND the repair service was verry sloppy. At the back cover corners I can see in EACH corner that the colour is scratched off !!! Its only in the back corners it MUST be due to the repair service... (5 Months old Mobile)

I try to get my money back today, thanks Sony. The only thing I'm satisfied with is your PS3.