account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z3 compact faulty mini jack

One time poster
Message 11 of 45
Message 11 of 45

Re: Z3 compact faulty mini jack

I've been owning the Z3 Compact for only one month. A few days ago, I experienced music stopping after a few seconds and I thought of a hardware problem… Tried many things, tested other headphones or speakers but I still had the problem.

Currently, the only way for my phone to play music on the jack port is to press on it which comforts me in my hypothesis that the jack is defective Slightly frowning Face

I contacted Xperia Care and I am waiting to send them my phone.

One time poster
Message 12 of 45
Message 12 of 45

This is not wear and tear - a search on various forums shows users all over the world having this exact issue. It has just recently happened to me.

Basically, even new the earphone port was slightly loose (you can see the black part move around inside), however, it works fine initially.

After a few weeks/months depending on usage, the issues will start. For some people, they get it fixed and it will happen again in time.

You'd think Sony would fit a re-designed earphone module rather than just replacing the motherboard when the same problem could arise again.

I guess for them its the cheaper alternative as its the end user who lives with the inconvenience of losing their phone for up to 3-4 weeks and then having to restore all your settings. In my case the spare phoen i have is not nano-sim, so ill also have to find a sim adaptor.

Learner
Message 13 of 45
Message 13 of 45

I'm now waiting for my third Z3C to arrive from Sony, assuming O2 can't fix the problem.

I called Sony yesterday to ask why they don't acknowledge the issue, but they said that it was just coincidence that we all seem to be having the same fault. 

If I get another handset and it happens again, I'll be on to trading standards. Maybe they'll listen to customers (on their own forum) then.

Learner
Message 14 of 45
Message 14 of 45

Same issue here with a faulty audio jack on my Z3 Compact – 2 months old.

I will be reluctantly sending it in for repair. Very annoying situation especially since it is otherwise an outstanding phone.

Has anyone had a positive experience whereby after a repair of the audio jack the problem resolved and did not reoccur?

Learner
Message 15 of 45
Message 15 of 45

the hole where you put the headset work poorly

English first of all sorry if I use it's quite disgusting, but translating it's not that great either...

here's my problem:
the hole (sorry but I do not know what it's called), where you put the headset does not work wellNot the fault of the headset, I've already tried with others
when the headset is placed into the hole, this kind "wobbles", and if it moves, the volume decreases, so tenedo in cell phone pocket, it is very annoying to hear music with the volume that rises and fallsalso to listen to good music, you have to keep the exact position where you feel good, as you move even slightly, the volume is abassa or do not understand anything.
what can I do? Thanks in advance
Emperor
Message 16 of 45
Message 16 of 45

Re: the hole where you put the headset work poorly

@provisorio

I'm sorry to hear that, contact your local Xperia Care ASAP

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

zka
Visitor
Message 17 of 45
Message 17 of 45

I have this problem but I am concerned because the back of my phone has some damage to the glass - will Sony refuse to fix the minijack problem, even though it is unrelated to the glass back being broken?

zka
Visitor
Message 18 of 45
Message 18 of 45

*bump*..

Visitor
Message 19 of 45
Message 19 of 45

Just started having the same problem yesterday. Have had the z3 compact for about 3 months. Listen to music on my commute to and from work every day and keep the phone in my pocket. Sound pauses when I just slightly touch the headphone plug as if I unplugged the headphone. Mine is 15W4 so even after feedback from other users no improvements in production. This can only be a HW problem, I'll bet a z3 for it...
Emperor
Message 20 of 45
Message 20 of 45

@zka

Contact your local Xperia Care

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)