account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z3 compact faulty mini jack

Visitor
Message 1 of 45
Message 1 of 45

Z3 compact faulty mini jack

I bought my Z3 Compact a couple of months back and i absolutely love it! But i've recently been having a huge problem with the minijack port. It started about a month ago where i would lose the sound/ sound fading on one ear whenever i came near the plug, eventually the phone would no longer register that my headphones were plugged in. At first i thought it had to be my headphones, but after testing these with every gadget in the house and testing all my other headphones with the phone i realized that it was the phone that was faulty.

So i contacted my retailer and had them get the phone fixed. I was told that they changed the motherboard, and two weeks later i had it back fully working. Now, a week after i got it back, i'm experiencing the same problems once again... I can't really be this unlucky, is this a known problem? I read that other Z3 owners had been experiencing problems with the minijack port being "loose" and disconnecting their headphones?

44 REPLIES 44
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 45
Message 2 of 45

Re: Z3 compact faulty mini jack

Are you using correctly fitting headphones? however all you can do is either return your device to the place of purchase or contact Xperia care http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Adept
Message 3 of 45
Message 3 of 45

A mother board failure? wich week of production Is your phone?
Visitor
Message 4 of 45
Message 4 of 45

@Thommo

I'm normally using Sennheiser CX 300 II, but the same problems occur when i plug in the Sony plugs that came with the phone. So i don't know...  And yeah, i should try contacting Xperia Care. I'd like to return the phone and get a new one if i could but i'm affraid they would have to send it to repair again.

@il_vecio

I'm not saying that it was a motherboard failure, but according to the service report, they did replace the motherboard. As for which week of production my phone is, i'm not sure. How do i check that? I bought it early in october though.

Adept
Message 5 of 45
Message 5 of 45

Dear Molorinko, please have a read to this topic , you'll find a post of mine in which i show how to get the week of production (by the way it's a label located under the SIM tray).

talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Sudden-Death-of-Sony-xperia-Z3-Compact/td-p/877345/page/8

it seems that there Is a strange correlation between certains weeks of production and some known device failure
Visitor
Message 6 of 45
Message 6 of 45

Okay, so i checked the phone and it says 14w37. So week 37?

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 7 of 45
Message 7 of 45

You should contact Sony Xperia support. http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/ it sounds like you may just have wear and tear.
Adept
Message 8 of 45
Message 8 of 45

Yes, 37 Is the week of production, and as you can read in the other thread a lot of user have a 37/38 week device. As Phy did before, i suggest you to signal this correlation to Xperia support.
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 9 of 45
Message 9 of 45

Yes, i will do that. Thank you!

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 45
Message 10 of 45

@molorinko: iv send mine for repair today but not with headphone jack problem but bcoz of phone not switching on., i used my headphones everyday on my z3c and i notice smtimes when u move your earphone when it is plug in, it will make some flikering noise.