account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z3 Compact volume problem

Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Z3 Compact volume problem

For some reason my Z3 Compact keeps resetting the volume, which means I'm missing calls all the time. It doesn't matter how many times I go into the settings menu to make sure the ringer volume is turned up, the phone is just altering the ringing volume for no reason. I'm now having to constantly check the ringer volume to make sure it's ok. Each time I do, it's back to being muted! Has anyone else experienced this issue? Does anyone know how I can stop it from happening?
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Z3 Compact volume problem

does this happen when you are in safe mode? safe mode

if you recently upgraded your device, try performing software repair using Xperia Companion

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi, thank you...I did a search and found some people had this issue when they'd received a call via Facebook Messenger...which seems to fit with what's happened with mine. It only started to happen after I'd received a call through Messenger; I just hadn't twigged until I saw some others mention it. I'm going to try uninstalling that and see what happens. I don't really know what safe mode is on my phone!
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

there is a link on the comment I posted above on how to acess safe mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
One time poster
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

If the problem persists in Safe mode, whats the next step? It seems to be linked to my headphones, media volume keeps muting.