account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z3 Compact screen cracked 2 days after purchase - dropped from a stool on vibrating

Highlighted
Adept
Message 41 of 194
Message 41 of 194

Re: Z3 COMPACT SCREEN CRACKED 2 DAYS AFTER PURCHASE - DROPPED FROM A STOOL ON VIBRATING!!

sorry to hear that Stevenrau, a lot of people (...too many..) Is reporting problem of this type.

as i can see from your pictures..it seems that something Is wrong with the magnetic port? could you confirm this fact?
Visitor
Message 42 of 194
Message 42 of 194

Re: Z3 COMPACT SCREEN CRACKED 2 DAYS AFTER PURCHASE - DROPPED FROM A STOOL ON VIBRATING!!

@il_vecio  Haha ya I guess it does kind of look like that, but no, nothing is wrong with my magnetic port. I just have my SIM card cover flipped open in those pictures. It might be easier to see full size.Photo 11-21-2014, 7 56 38 PM.jpg

Rookie
Message 43 of 194
Message 43 of 194

It happened to me too, been am iPhone.user for 2 and a half years let my kids play with my phone it's that durable. I had this phone 6 days into a 2 year contract and it fell from my pocket onto my soft leather couch in no way I presumed it was broken, I picked it and turned it round to notice the glass all smashed as if it had been hit repeatedly with a hammer. "Gorilla Glass" yeah right. Totally disgusted at Sony will not be buying their Ps4, xBox from now on and any other brand except Sony. I had a scratch on my iPhone 5 I took it to the Glasgow Apple store to query a software issue and the "Genius" notice the scratch and asked me if I wanted a new iPhone 5 FREE. I could not believe the great customer service with Apple and am really annoyed I left them now but I will let everyone who will listen know about these fraudulent claims of Gorilla Glass etc. Even the Media.
Rookie
Message 44 of 194
Message 44 of 194

Ps if "bendgate" was a big deal for Apple I hope this brings down the whole mobile phone arm of Sony.
Visitor
Message 45 of 194
Message 45 of 194

Well, just spoke with Sony support over chat and they refuse to admit that this is a manufacturer's defect and insist that it is not covered under warranty. They suggested that I call SBE (the repair company) and refuse to pay the price. Greeeeaaat.

So now what if SBE refuses to drop the charges? Either I pay the $50+ to have my phone fixed (which is complete garbage), pay them $25 to return my phone unfixed (which is also pure trash), or let them destroy my phone for free. This is complete insanity. Now they hold my phone hostage and insist that I must have broken it myself, even though there is not a single scratch on the entire device except for th crack on the back

Apprentice
Message 46 of 194
Message 46 of 194

Hi all, 

Thanks for your messages here, i just bought a Z3 compact, do you think a protection as Rhinoshield or ultimateshield layer protection would solve the problem.

Does anyone bought this kind of glass protection and had screen cracked issue ?

Thanks !

One time poster
Message 47 of 194
Message 47 of 194

hi,
same sad story. i had the pleasure to use the phone for 5 days before the gorilla glass broke on the bottom right corner. phone is still working but bottom part touch screen isn`t contacted sony support 5 days ago and still waiting to be contactated. sad service and quality for sure my last sony xperia!!!
Regular
Message 48 of 194
Message 48 of 194

This is not gorilla glass, it's dragontrail. The sense touch is different between this two sort of glass. No one is indestructible, it's depend architecture device. My moto x broked in falling on carpet. If the corner are not protected or with a contact with the screen, there are all chances that the screen broke.
Message 49 of 194
Message 49 of 194

My z3 compact was safe in my inside jacket pocket or so I thought. I have the orange colour phone back glass broke, I feel ripped off never will buy sony again
Learner
Message 50 of 194
Message 50 of 194

Better think twice before getting Sony tablet, either Apple or Samsung would be a better choice in terms of quality or service.