account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z3 Compact screen cracked 2 days after purchase - dropped from a stool on vibrating

One time poster
Message 1 of 194
Message 1 of 194

Z3 Compact screen cracked 2 days after purchase - dropped from a stool on vibrating

Really how sensitive is this phone? I didnt even get a chance of enjoying all the glorified specs. After cracking the screen is not touch sensitive at all! To make it worse NO SCREEN REPLACEMENTS are available in the market, how bad can it get? Too much from the wallet yet so little to enjoy. I must say amidst being an avid lover of sony, IM TRULY DISAPPOINTED>

193 REPLIES 193
Emperor
Message 2 of 194
Message 2 of 194

Re: Z3 COMPACT SCREEN CRACKED 2 DAYS AFTER PURCHASE - DROPPED FROM A STOOL ON VIBRATING!!

Sorry to hear that but you have to contact your local Xperia Care Center or the store or your carrier/network (if you bought it through them) 

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
Message 3 of 194
Message 3 of 194

Re: Z3 COMPACT SCREEN CRACKED 2 DAYS AFTER PURCHASE - DROPPED FROM A STOOL ON VIBRATING!!

Sorry to hear this but all we can advise is that you either return your device to the place of purchase or contact Xperia care http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Adviser
Message 4 of 194
Message 4 of 194

Same here

7 days in, dropped from coffee table onto floor and the entire face is gone and unresponsive whilst someone was calling me.

I'm so disappointed by this - I made the decision to change to sony from Apple because of this device.

The device is meant to have gorilla glass and specially designed nylon corners to prevent things like this from happening, however this doesn't seem to be the case.

I am having second thoughts about this change - have supported sony through the years but I can now see why the company is going down the drain. Simple things like this will push loyal customers away from the brand
Emperor
Message 5 of 194
Message 5 of 194

@Winstonluk 

Xperias are durable, but not indestructible, if you go to apple that's fine, its up to you but you might want to wait until the whole 

iphone bentgate its settled

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 6 of 194
Message 6 of 194

Don't expect indestructability, expect to survive 30cm fall relatively unscathed
Demigod
Message 7 of 194
Message 7 of 194

Also look at hardened car glass at windshield. Sometimes tiny stone is just enough to destroy glass, otherwise it can be hit by quite big rock and nothing happens.

It hardly depends on many factors, how phone touched the ground. Even tiny debris may make the difference.

My wife's Z1C felt from 1m and nothing happened, I (probably) sit on part of my Z1 and front glass broke. I found it broken next day. It was small hairline, I thought it was only a scratch but after looking from the side I discovered it is actually broken.
Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)
Apprentice
Message 8 of 194
Message 8 of 194

Z3c was on my shortlist, but the screen cracking issues were a sealbreaker for me...
Apprentice
Message 9 of 194
Message 9 of 194

dealbreaker that is...
Highlighted
Adept
Message 10 of 194
Message 10 of 194

For me too  ...

In my opinion Sony should use a different type of material, instead of glass, for its best devices ...