account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z3 Compact screen cracked 2 days after purchase - dropped from a stool on vibrating

Visitor
Message 191 of 194
Message 191 of 194

Re: Z3 Compact screen cracked 2 days after purchase - dropped from a stool on vibrating

I don't understand how the Xperia glass is smashing with the heat of the sun in the windows???
When removing the back glass or front you have to heat the phone up with a heat gun to melt the waterproof seal, and it's basically a knaked flame on it AND THAT DOESNT CRACK OR BRAKE THE GLASS AT ALL, SO HOW JUST PUTTING IT IN THE WINDOW SUPPOSEDLY CRAKS IT IS VERY STRANGE INDEED?
One time poster
Message 192 of 194
Message 192 of 194

Re: Z3 Compact screen cracked 2 days after purchase - dropped from a stool on vibrating

The Most Delicate Screen i ever Saw...inspite that being described as so called "GORILLA GLASS" and sadly its assembled to Experia Z-3 Compact..my phone fell down from my shirt pocket that 2 hardly from 1 feet ...and inspite of having Tempered glass,the screen got a crack and stopped working...i bought the phone just 2 months back...and this is the second time my screen has broken...it was earlier broken on the second day of purchase,and i spent 9k just to replace it...now i dont think so its worth to spend again 9 k..to use this extra Delicate Phone which is so called as Z3 Compact...DISSAPPOINTEDSlightly frowning Face

Visitor
Message 193 of 194
Message 193 of 194

Yep. Just happened to me as well. Looking at my phone I noticed a spidery crack on the back cover top right. The phone is in a protective cover. But moreover I never ever drop my phone. I just don't drop phones. Not this one and not the two Galaxies I've had before this one.Not once in 6 years. If I had dropped it I would have checked and noticed straight away. Not some time after. So imagine my surprise to see a crack which led me here to see this is a known issue. Very disappointing. Won't buy Sony again.
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 194 of 194
Message 194 of 194

Yes, I agree the screen is more fragile than others. Mine cracked after falling from my bed onto my carpet. I had the screen replaced (I had an authentic Sony replacement screen installed) and I took it out of my pocket two days after the repair to find it broken again (no drop this time). Also worth noting that with this phone any crack along the screen comes with it losing touch input there.