account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z3-Compact is optimizing apps all the time during boot.. 5.1.1

Rookie
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Z3-Compact is optimizing apps all the time during boot.. 5.1.1

Hi all,

first of all I bought the xperia z3 compact in december 2014. Since then I repaired it twice because of a hardware problem. I was not able to charge or turn on the phone..

now the phone came back from repair the second time and now I have a strange bug in the software..

I tried a factory data rest, still the same problem.

I cant turn off the phone it displays the turn off dialog for over 20 minutes.

When I turn the phone on it is optimizing all the apps every time for about 20 minutes..

Afterwards the phone works alright.

Is this a common bug in 5.1.1?

Thanks in advance

10 REPLIES 10
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Z3-Compact is optimizing apps all the time during boot.. 5.1.1

Have you or the service centre just upgraded to 5.1? however all I can suggest is that you perform a system repair

Performing a system repair using PC Companion will often fix issues - This will factory reset your phone and erase all data so best to backup before you begin

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)
Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the on screen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Rookie
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

thanks a lot for the reply.

Yes they upgraded my phone and changed many hardware components..

I try it tonight with PC Companion. Will let you know if I can fix the problem.

Tes
Visitor
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

I have the same problem and factory reset did not work.

Also after I reset I did not have the problem before I encrypted the phone.

And now I have it every time.

Also it only optimize app on the phone not the SD card.

If I move a app to the SD card, then there is one less app that it will optimize. And move it back to internal storage and it will be optimized again.

My SD card is not encryped. only the internal storage.

So it might be someting with the encryption that gives this problem.

Adept
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Well, I'm having the "Android 5.1 optimizing all the time during boot" problem as well on my Xperia Z. This seems to be a problem if you encrypt the phone and happens with phones of other vendors as well. I ended up in a reboot & optimization loop. Unfortunately I did not find a real solution for this problem. Only workaround is a backup of your encrypted phone, factory reset & restore afterwards. And don't try to encrypt your internal & external memory again: I tried this after I successfully restored my phone and the same problem showed directly after encrypting it again.

One time poster
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Hiya!

Were you guys able to fix this?  My phone is in the same situation, optimizing app's loop and then restarting and doing it again and again.   Its a Sony Z1 Compact.  

Thanks! 

Adept
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

@ozGuerra: Sorry, no fix until now. After fiddling around a bit, I came to the following conclusion: The problematic action is encrypting your phone. I have this issue on my Xperia Z and Xperia Z3 with the latest Android 5.1.1 firmware and it's reproducible.

It's really a shame that this bug is still not fixed after all this time!

One time poster
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Still no reaction, no workaroung no fix? This is a shame!!!

One time poster
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

has anyone come up with a solution the issue of the constant looping as this phone (experia compact mini (z1) is beginning to loop and it is the only contact that I have with my daughter...is it a common fault in the android update? have they managed to iron out the bug or is it going to result in my throwing my phone away and perhaps turning to the dark side of apple

Highlighted
Demigod
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

No, the bug is not resolved across all 5.1.1 firmwares. At least on most recent Z2 Tablet and Z3 Compact firmwares. Maybe 6.0 will bring solution to Z2/Z3 series if it will eventually appear.

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)