account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z3 Compact Screen cracked

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 71 of 73
Message 71 of 73

Re: Z3 Compact Screen cracked

Happened to me too. Not impressed. Not sure whether to pay £100 for Sony to fix it.
Visitor
Message 72 of 73
Message 72 of 73

After reading a few posts here I thought I'd share my story.... After a couple trouble free months, I left my phone on charge in a draw only to pull it out later and the back (luckily I suppose) had a crack right across it... About a year down the line now, the phone slipped off edge of carpeted step bounced off the next one down and landed on a vinyl floor - each drop was about 20ish cm with the second drop being the 'least' forgiving... This caused the screen to crack top to bottom, rendering input useless (couldnt enter pin to unlock phone)... Instead of paying through the nose I bought a non-genuine replacment screen and did it myself for just over £40... Was fiddly but I had the luxury of a heat gun and tool kit - just Google 'replace base mobile' to find bits you need.

Visitor
Message 73 of 73
Message 73 of 73

P.s. Whether it's a TV that takes 5-10 minutes to load even basic functions, a PS4 that spits discs out because of bad structural design, or a phone that cracks and overheats AND turns out not be as waterproof as marketed, if Sony doesn't turn things around soon they'll just be perceived as the expensive budget-brand. I understand cutting production costs etc to increase profitability, but I now believe Sony have stretched this modus operandi to the absolute limit. C'mon Sony, show your customers you care about your products before we all disappear for good.