account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z3 Compact Screen cracked

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 20 of 73
Message 20 of 73

Re: Cracked screen

The reason may be overheating. I accidentally filmed 10 minutes of 4k video in my pocket. The device was very very hot but did not auto close the app like it said it would. I closed the phone to let it cool. I did not notice when but a day later this crack appeared out of the blue.

Hope sony will find a way to fix their products.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwA-U2ORAfdQTGtDUXRfbEJLelU/edit?usp=docslist_api
Inhabitant
Message 21 of 73
Message 21 of 73

Do they call it gorilla glass because you have to be dumb like a gorilla to believe in sonys "strong glass" bullcraap?? Where was our common sense lol?
One time poster
Message 22 of 73
Message 22 of 73

I bought this phone 2 days ago.

This morning, nothing is wrong. But i went ouside, it's colt (5 degree), let see my friend this phone and see the back is cracked. From left to right.

The phone was not fallen, or got strange contact.

I went back to the shop and they will sent it back for repair.

cracked-back-sony-z3-compact.jpg

One time poster
Message 23 of 73
Message 23 of 73

IMG_3038.JPGIMG_3039.JPGIMG_3040.JPGOk, I have the same problem. I left my phone on the table for 2 minutes. When I came back, there was a hair-thin crack on the screen. And upper side of touchscreen is not working. I hope Sony would change it for free on warranty. Maybe this thread would help.

One time poster
Message 24 of 73
Message 24 of 73

My sister in law just bought z3 compact, and yesterday the back glass cracked... And she only had it for a day! I recommend she buy it, now I feel like crap. I hope Sony pays for the repair... Otherwise I'll never recommended or buy a Sony phone ever. Sony needs to address this properly.
One time poster
Message 25 of 73
Message 25 of 73

I have had the exact same problem. A phone working one night before bed perfectly. Plug in the charger go to sleep to wake up to a phone that the alarm won't turn off when touching the screen. Turn on the light and notice a cracked screen. Sony is standing pretty firm that I dropped the phone.  And WILL NOT cover the costs for a repair.  Wish I had researched more before spending $800 on this phone. Could have gotten an iPhone and had way better customer care and service.

Learner
Message 26 of 73
Message 26 of 73

The back of my z3 is also cracked. I'm not sure who I should contact
One time poster
Message 27 of 73
Message 27 of 73

How much the price to change the back glass and the border. Please advise ASAP. Im from Malaysia.
Genius
Message 28 of 73
Message 28 of 73

You have to contact your local Xperia Care Centre or it is possible to change it yourself or to get a 3rd party repairer to do this, however your warranty with Sony will probably be void in doing so also the possibility of the waterproof capabilities unless it can be tested Slightly smiling Face

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

One time poster
Message 29 of 73
Message 29 of 73

Z Cracked Screen

Just had an estimate of repair for my Z, £185!!!!

It hasnt been dropped, or abused. Just started to shatter in front of our eyes, cracks in all directions, eminating from a point near the microphone.

Not happy, escalated in house with Sony...