account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z3 Compact Screen cracked

SOLVED
Adept
Message 10 of 73
Message 10 of 73

Re: Cracked screen

It's a very serious problem.

It really looks like these phones did not drop nor fall to the ground ...   Slightly frowning Face

Visitor
Message 11 of 73
Message 11 of 73

I think Sony should take 🔙 all these faulty compact series and give us new one.
For me hair line crack on rear screen and I have no 💡 what to do.
Also try deleting contacts alert ⚠ will be there unable to delete ,I don't know even they had tested these devices or not.
Sony mind my words we are paying 40k+ that means
Simply you are loosing market or fix your **bleep**s.
Adept
Message 12 of 73
Message 12 of 73

More images appear, more sure I am of the problem.

The front and back panels are glued onto the phone chassis (to make the phone waterproof). Z3C is even thinner than Z1C.

So there are Z3C phones out there with an internal pressure built-in. Once a user buys the phone and turns it on, the heat generated by the processor and circuitry causes the phone's bowels to swell and, within a few days, the pressure is released by the front or rear panel cracking by itself.

Sony have a major issue here. Not only there are phones leaving factory that are not waterproof due to poor assembly, but now we have phones out there in the boxes that come with internal pressure inside them.

I really want to upgrade to Z3C from my Z1C, but it is kind of a lottery, actually. Will I get a piece with no internal pressure causing the panel to crack?

Rookie
Message 13 of 73
Message 13 of 73

what about the back, and any guide on how to replace it.

Adept
Message 14 of 73
Message 14 of 73

Go to YouTube and watch some Z1 Compact disassembly videos.

It is so difficult that it is problably not possible to do at home. Requires heating the glue and then use quite a force to remove the back panel.

Visitor
Message 15 of 73
Message 15 of 73

Do you have any idea if its possible to get this repaired to xperia care and how much it would cost? I had the same crack as others and need the screen replaced as its totally broken.

One time poster
Message 16 of 73
Message 16 of 73

My back screen cracked across the width completely on its own . Returned to Sony , not covered by warranty .(WHY NOT?) . Anyway £18 for Sony to replace so not so bad I guess .
But £13. For the return postage. What a scam,
I posted it to them next day recorded , tracked for £7
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 17 of 73
Message 17 of 73

If the device cracked by itself without external forces is not covered by Sony then I am done with them. I won't even bother to get my phone fixed as that cost as it is very likely that the glass will crack again. Get a case and stay away from Sony from now on.  As soon as a company starts to treat their customer like **bleep**, you know they won’t be there for too long.

One time poster
Message 18 of 73
Message 18 of 73

Very sad moment ..... less then 15 days.. hope Sony see this and does something to reinsture confidence to costumers...

20141027_225801.jpg

20141027_225829.jpg20141027_230155.jpg

One time poster
Message 19 of 73
Message 19 of 73

After one month, my phone back screen just cracked without any physical impact and I've never dropped this phone.

attachment.php.jpg

attachment.php2.jpg

attachment.php3.jpg