account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z3 Compact Quick Charge

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Z3 Compact Quick Charge

I've read a lot of old history topics related to this, I also write an email to Sony Romania, but untill now it's not very clear for me...

What charger (either original from Sony either from a 3rd Vendor/Qualcomm) would charge my Sony Z3Compact faster than the standard / OEM EP880 charger?

I'vea read about UCH 10/12/20 and are different topics that say it works, other that say it's not working, there are different oppinions related to dock DK48 that allow QuickCharge...

This charger from Qualcomm will solve my problem?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Qualcomm-Certified-Aukey-Quick-Charge-2-0-18W-USB-Turbo-Wall-Charger-...

5 REPLIES 5
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Z3 Compact Quick Charge

Hey @Kiu_RO,

The information I have says that only the Japanese variant of Z3 Compact supports Quick Charge 2.0 (SO-02G). You are correct in that DK48 supports Quick Charge 2.0, but if your device is not compatible with the technology then it won't make use of it.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

I made a printscreen from my phone.

From specification, it sais it support, but i don't know how to be 100% sure or how to check...

Screenshot_2016-05-27-17-15-14.png

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

According to the information I have, your device does not support Quick Charge 2.0.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

z3 compact does support quick charge 2.0, even in magnetic port.

by the way:

DK48 with magnatic port -> quick charge working.

Aukey with usb -> quick chager is not working

also check here: https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/devices/all?feature=Quick%20Charge%202.0&manufacturer=S...

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Today finally i able to use magnetic charger with aukey car charger.

I can  now confirm that quick charge only but only works on magnetic port in my phone. So it will be wise to get magnatic port adapter for quick charging purposes