account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z3 Compact (Hotspot Not Working after Lolipop)

SOLVED
Learner
Message 11 of 18
Message 11 of 18

Re: Z3 Compact (Hotspot Not Working after Lolipop)

I can confirm after I got Kit Kat back on the Z3 tethering/hotspot is now working again on THREE so it's definitely something to do with Lollipop.

XDA Forum helped me get Kit Kat on it as I have never done such a procedure before an if I can do it anyone can, Just need time an patience. Slightly smiling Face
Adviser
Message 12 of 18
Message 12 of 18

Thanks for confirming that.

I will certainly have a go at that then, as was worried incase I messed the phone up completely. Cheers

Adviser
Message 13 of 18
Message 13 of 18

I may owe apologies to Sony for directing blame.

I have just received a text from 3, stating that it's taking longer than expected to resolve my problem (presumably this one!), and they will text me when it's fixed.

So looks like it is actually an issue with 3 network.

Sorry Sony guys, but as you can imagine, it is a frustrating issue when you have come to rely on the technology.
One time poster
Message 14 of 18
Message 14 of 18

Did anyone solve this issue, I've just joined Three with a Z3 compact and my Nexus 9 can join the hotspot but can't access the data? Sounds sort a like a Three issue?

One time poster
Message 15 of 18
Message 15 of 18

Hi this is being listed as solved. Rolling back the update isn't the solution if you want to keep the update.

Is Sony or three admitting to the fault. 

Adviser
Message 16 of 18
Message 16 of 18

Ok, its been a while now, and neither sony or three have fixed this hotspot issue.

I am going to attempt to revert back to kit kat. It is not feesable to come away from 3 because of the excellent contract
..however i wont be buying another Sony handset. It has been a massive inconvenience and i find it difficult to believe that the company's havent been able to solve it in all this time. Absolutely diabolical service.
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 17 of 18
Message 17 of 18

Internet sharing 3G/4G

Hello,

After upgrade my Z3 compact to Android Lollipop the Internet sharing with other devices is not possible because the phone gives an error inmediately to turn on the feature.
I've checked APN parameters with my operator and everything is ok.
Does anybody fondo the same problem?
The technical support cannot helps me. They send me to my operator but before Lollipop everything was ok...

Thank you
Efren
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 18 of 18
Message 18 of 18

Re: Internet sharing 3G/4G

does it work while on safe mode?

How to boot on safe mode.
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008