account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z3 Compact (Hotspot Not Working after Lolipop)

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 18
Message 1 of 18

Z3 Compact (Hotspot Not Working after Lolipop)

After updating to Lolipop on the Z3 Compact the mobile internet works on the phone (THREE Network) but when I try the teathering / hotspot it doesn't work, No point trying to contact THREE as all they say is they don't allow teathering on Pay as You Go even tho I've been teathering for years without issue till this **bleep** Lolipop came along!!!

Any one found a cure for this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Learner
Message 11 of 18
Message 11 of 18

Re: Z3 Compact (Hotspot Not Working after Lolipop)

I can confirm after I got Kit Kat back on the Z3 tethering/hotspot is now working again on THREE so it's definitely something to do with Lollipop.

XDA Forum helped me get Kit Kat on it as I have never done such a procedure before an if I can do it anyone can, Just need time an patience. Slightly smiling Face
17 REPLIES 17
Adviser
Message 2 of 18
Message 2 of 18

I've got this issue...immediately after updating, it would no longer send data using hotspot. Have contacted Sony 3 times, twice via chat and once over the phone...also contacted 3 network, who were actually very helpful and said that many people have contacted them about the same issue and they are compiling a list of complaints to submit to Sony.

I tried using pc companion to repair software, as Sony suggested...this didn't solve the issue.

I feel very frustrated about it, as I have a reasonable expensive phone and am paying for services that I need and can't use. it's obviously an issue with the software update, and Sony are responsible.

The only thing Sony could suggest is that I send my phone to them for repair...which is not something I wish to do, and I feel that a suitable update should sort it out.

Does anyone have contact details of where I can complain to Sony?

The way things are going, I may just write Sony off, and move on...I came away from blackberry because of poor software, and didn't expect to get it with Sony
Adviser
Message 3 of 18
Message 3 of 18

Oh and I don't like the new look either...very over complicated and functions gone which I used, such as the music player control widget on the lock screen. Very very very dissapointed
Visitor
Message 4 of 18
Message 4 of 18

I have exactly the same issue, as soon as lollipop was installed my tethering just stopped working, I am on the one plan with 3 on an old contract that includes tethering.
I have spoken to 3 who say there are no restrictions or issues on their end.
Spoke with Sony support and whoever was on the chat clearly didn't seem bothered and basically gave me the impression of "tough sh*t" suggested using the pc companion and do a phone repair which I did last night (took 4 hours) and this hasn't fixed the issue.
Sony seriously need to sort this out, it's clearly an issue with their software interface with the lollipop update and it's leaving us customers with useless devices that we pay through the nose for.
I'm disgusted in Sony's customer service so far so I'm holding out little hope, may have to be a call to ofcom if they don't sort their act out
Adviser
Message 5 of 18
Message 5 of 18

Do Sony ever read problems on this forum?

It would be decent of of them to acknowledge a problem with their software and let us know if they are working to resolve such an inconvenient issue.

After speaking to one of their agents, they wouldn't acknowledge that there was a known issue with the update...however, the 3 network said they were aware of many affected by the update. I think Sony are well aware of the matter...so why not be decent to your many affected customers?

If this doesn't get resolved or even acknowledged soon I will be taking it as far as I can and certainly won't be buying any other Sony product.

Please keep your customers informed Sony...without them, you wouldn't have a place in the market
One time poster
Message 6 of 18
Message 6 of 18

I'm in the same position with the one plan. I went to the 3 shop but they were unable aware of any issues. As soon as I updated, no more tethering with my ipad.
Rookie
Message 7 of 18
Message 7 of 18

I Downloaded the update when i was home at the weekend. I'm back at work today and my wireless hotshot doesn't work, spent 3 hours trying to fix it, no joy.

I also use a piece of software called threeintouch which allows me to use wifi for calling when I don't have a mobile signal. This software is now not functioning, calls are barely audible.

My contract with my service provider allows me to stay in contact with friends and family when I work away from home in the Highlands of Scotland.

This new lollipop update has disabled the functions I depend on. FAIL.

I have now but one option. I will need to find a way to roll back to the original kitkat OS until there comes a day when these issues are resolved.

If anybody has any other ideas they would be grately appreciated.

Does anyone know how to reverse the curse that is a lollipop 🍭.
Adviser
Message 8 of 18
Message 8 of 18

I too would love the option to revert back...before I bin the phone.

Any help appreciated. Thanks
Rookie
Message 9 of 18
Message 9 of 18

Just spoke to Emma from Sony, this was her response.....
Emma: Thank you for providing me with this information, with regards to the query you posted, I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues. It is something that as far as I'm aware, Three are dealing with as it is a network issue.
Adviser
Message 10 of 18
Message 10 of 18

Ha, this is news. So Sony are blaming 3.

After a lengthy phonecall to 3's technical team, they said that the problem is with Sony update.

Is someone actually going to take responsibility? It doesn't look like we are going to get this sorted anytime soon.

I'd hazard a guess that Sonys support staff are maybe using this card to get customers of they're case