account arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-down

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another Z3C with WIFI issues...

SOLVED
Genius
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Yet another Z3C with WIFI issues...

Hello All,

So I am not a newbie in the world of smartphones and today I have an issue with my Z3C which is affecting me since I bought it, not long time ago. The wifi, mostly every 10/20 minutes just stop to work. It show activity in Upload but no activity in Download. Which make me mad as I have a 50mbps internet connection that works perfectly with a Moto X, an Alcatel Idol 2 Mini S, a pletora of Laptops and Smart Devices, and one HP VoiceTab 6.

All speedtests show me about 40/48mbps download speed, only the Z3C Download speed arrive to 30/40mbps then drastically goes to 2/5mbps 'til it drops to 0.

Now, I tried everything, reset, factory reset, safe mode, different routers (I have 2 home and tried in different restaurants and offices), different sims, no sims at all.. it just don't work. So what I did is to use just LTE that it's of course fast and problemsless BUT why do I have to make happy my carrier when I can use the WIFI of home and office? Is Sony going to pay my plan? smile happy

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos smile happy

Wizardry is the key!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Genius
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Re: Yet another Z3C with WIFI issues...

Alright folks, Lollipop fixed the wifi issue.

Wizardry is the key!
9 REPLIES
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

I'm not saying this is the reason but some routers have security and when performing speed tests get sent data which maybe deemed as Malware then the router will block connectivity

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Genius
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Thommo wrote:

I'm not saying this is the reason but some routers have security and when performing speed tests get sent data which maybe deemed as Malware then the router will block connectivity

Agree with you, I already tried it. Disabled firewall, security in general.. I made my routers also open gardens! Imagine...

The curious part of that is the other devices works perfectly except the Z3C so cannot be the router or a security setting getting crazy with the Z3C and not with Moto X, Alcatel.. HP, Toshiba.. Samsung... and no, I don't want to think about racism and hate of dLink and Arris (Motorola) against Sony! No no..

Wizardry is the key!
Genius
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Wizardry is the key!
Genius
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

No go, wifi is dead. I switched to mobile data to finish the updates. So sad...

Wizardry is the key!
Genius
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Well, let's say that I was waiting someone to say at least "we are aware of the situation and a fix will be released on next software update" but instead, nothing.. So.. May I Bump?

Wizardry is the key!
Genius
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

So my Z3C got Lollipop today and WIFI seems stable. I'll give 24/48 hours. If the WIFI will remain stable then the solution is waiting for the software update.

Wizardry is the key!
Genius
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Alright folks, Lollipop fixed the wifi issue.

Wizardry is the key!
One time poster
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

It didn't on my z3c

Updated in lollipop 5.0.2 1 day ago, problem is still here, this is really a huge disappointment, since the issue is only about software, not hardware

Wi-fi only works with flight mode enabled, as usual...
Thanks for not being reactive (6 months now on just a wi-fi issue), and saying that the problem solved every update, when in fact it isn't.
One time poster
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

I have a Z3C and my wifi will not work, will not turn on, connet or anything... any ideas ?????