account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Yellow spots on the screen + back glass spontanuously broken

Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Yellow spots on the screen + back glass spontanuously broken

Hi all,

My 4months old Z3 Compact shows yellow/orange spots on top left screen (near charger port) and its back glass was spontanuously broken. The phone didn't fall at all. I noticed it was heating a lot the last days before it happened, so it may be linked. Unfortunately Sony don't want to repair it because they say the broken glass cancels the warranty! I believe that the glass was broken because of a manufacturing issue an thus should be covered by the warranty. furthermore, the yellow spots on the screen is a common issue in xperia phones. They could have at least repaired this known issue.
I'm very disapointed by Sony service and I am looking for people who encountered the same issue as me (screen or back glass) so that I can build a class action in front of a court showing that this is a widely known issue that Sony is aware of.
Thank you very much in advance.
Leroiduweb
2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yellow spots on the screen + back glass spontanuously broken

@leroiduweb

I'm sorry to hear about your issue, but this is a user based forum, you will have to address this with Sony directly.

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yellow spots on the screen + back glass spontanuously broken

@leroiduweb

for future reference don't create duplicate posts, one thread it's more than enough, thank you

your previous post

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Z3-Dual/Yellow-tint-in-my-Z3/m-p/977134#M15185

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)