account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia z3 Compact top and bottom Touch screen not responding

Apprentice
Message 11 of 156
Message 11 of 156

Re: Xperia z3 Compact top and bottom Touch screen not responding

Seems to be a very common problem now which happened to me, but it worked fine in the lock screen so I don't see how it could be a hardware fault.

I got the phone replaced and disabled all updates and so far great.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 12 of 156
Message 12 of 156

Hey @ninjag, sorry to hear that it had to go that far, but I am glad to hear that your current device now works as intended! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 13 of 156
Message 13 of 156

Thanks but I am very lucky that it's a business contract so it's covered under their insurance so no warranty to run out. Feel for those who don't have this option and basically abandoned by Sony.
Regular
Message 14 of 156
Message 14 of 156

I guess Sony got 24 months guarantee on all markets? It's sounds like a guarantee matter ( the post just above) in most cases.
Regular
Message 15 of 156
Message 15 of 156

This was a comment on post number 4
Sony Xperia Support
Message 16 of 156
Message 16 of 156

Hi @Lemmy2, I'm afraid that the warranty is not 2 years long for all markets. The easiest way to find out how long of a warranty period that your market offers is to go to the documents page on our website for the specific device and choose your local market under Language:
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaz3compact/supportDocumentation/ 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 17 of 156
Message 17 of 156

How are you supposed to get past a pin locked screen to even get into the menus/phone/settings!!!???? 

Emperor
Message 18 of 156
Message 18 of 156

@TRIXTA00001

Care to elaborate on your issue?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 19 of 156
Message 19 of 156

My xperia z3 compact has a pin locked screen (always has done) I can type the pin number in but you have to press the tick right? Well the tick is unresponsive so I'm locked out of my Xperia. 

Learner
Message 20 of 156
Message 20 of 156

Hello,

I got Z3C almost 2 years ago. Its screen started to become unresponsive about a year ago so I got it repaired through the warranty. Now, almost another year later the same issue has begun to resurface. Presently, the top & bottom of the screen are both unresponsive.

Previously, I used Acro S & it never gave any problems. It's saddening to see that Sony is no longer what it used to be. I don't think I'll be buying Sony phones in the future.