account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia z3 Compact top and bottom Touch screen not responding

Apprentice
Message 151 of 154
Message 151 of 154

Re: Xperia z3 Compact top and bottom Touch screen not responding

I tried to repair It , once the touchscreen was fixed (I spent about 90 dollars )  there were other problems regarding the audio jack and lately also the proximity sensor.... What the heck!! I decided to buy a new Xiaomi , it costed me about 149 $ but now I'm really out of these problems. I decided not to buy other Sony devices anymore..

Visitor
Message 152 of 154
Message 152 of 154

Re: Xperia z3 Compact top and bottom Touch screen not responding. Emergency: use USB mouse !

The touch screen failed after about 10 months. After repair for warranty again failed after about 10 moinths. Again repaired and again failed after about 10 months. Now the Sony service does not want to admit their poor quality repair and only offers repair at 170,- Euros ! It is clear they used poor quality parts and should do this 3rd repair at no cost. I bought this device from Media Markt in Netherlands. If I knew this phone was not durable I would never have bought it you will understand. Please explain why the Sony service center is tarnishing the Sony brand quality this way and not doing a good job and giving normal good service. Hope you understand my point.

For the forum: when the touch screen is defect you can connect a usb mouse and use that to enter PIN and phone for emergency actions.

Visitor
Message 153 of 154
Message 153 of 154

You can connect a USB mouse to operate your phone for emergency actions !

One time poster
Message 154 of 154
Message 154 of 154

The glove mode works for a short time only, then you need new ideas to be able to use your phone. I have the luck, that my phone reacts when turned into horizontal.