account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia z3 Compact top and bottom Touch screen not responding

Learner
Message 1 of 156
Message 1 of 156

Xperia z3 Compact top and bottom Touch screen not responding

Hi Sony,

I've got this touch screen iresponsive on the top and bottom. I was not able to pulldown the notification and shortcuts menu when in portrait mode. Now even the bottom part of the screen starting become iresponsive. Pressing the back/menu/taskmenu starting to mulfunction.

Please help me fix this issue.

155 REPLIES 155
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 156
Message 2 of 156

Re: Xperia z3 Compact top and bottom Touch screen not responding

test the screen.
1. settings
2. about phone
3. diagnostics
4. test
5. test the screen
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 156
Message 3 of 156

Or you can repair the phone with PC Companion.
http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 4 of 156
Message 4 of 156

I have exactly the same problem, repairing the phone with PC Companion didn't fix it.

The phone is only 1 year and half old, I am kind of disappointed by Sony!

Rookie
Message 5 of 156
Message 5 of 156

Made an account just to say "same!!" Also, I'm not quite sure how failing the touch screen test does anything.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 156
Message 6 of 156

Hi!

If you have already tried a software repair using Xperia Companion and it did not help, then I would recommend getting in touch with your Local support in order to have your device sent to an authorized service center.

@AyysforOuus the main reason for trying the test in Diagnostics is to see if the display responds to that area, or if it may be software related. If you are able to clear the area where the buttons don't respond, you could try a software repair to see if that helps.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

zik
Adept
Message 7 of 156
Message 7 of 156

I have exactly the same problem (top and bottom not responsive). I tried the software repair and it did not fix the problem. I also tried the screen diagnosis test and it passed. The problem with the diagnosis test it that it only tests the main area of the screen, it does not test the notification area and the bottom navigations (shortcut) keys.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 156
Message 8 of 156

I am sorry to hear that @zik. Slightly frowning Face

In this case I recommend that you contact your Local support so that they can assist you in sending in your device to an authorized service center to have it checked by a technician.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Learner
Message 9 of 156
Message 9 of 156

Same here only that for me is the top and left borders of the touchscreen. Phone is only 1 and a half years old and out of warranty. Any ideas how much would the repair center charge for this?
Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 156
Message 10 of 156

Hi @camilleri, sorry about your phone. Slightly frowning Face

I am afraid that it's not possible for me to determine what the cost of the repair may be in your specific case, since the local service routines, costs, consumer laws and warranty terms vary on a market-to-market basis. My suggestion would be to get in touch with your Local support to see if they may have some information regarding the local rates, but there is also the possibility that you have to first have your device examined before a quotation may be issued. In any case, it would be best to hear your local support team out first! Slightly smiling Face