account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Z3 Compact - unresponsive touchscreen

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Xperia Z3 Compact - unresponsive touchscreen

My Z3 Compact has gone completely unresponsive to touchscreen controls.

I've read other posts and followed the the instructions for PC Companion-update-repair, but without any change.

Since the touchscreen is completely unresponsive it is not possible to bootup in safe mode. The only functions operational are the hard-wired on/off, volume and camera buttons. Anything requiring screen operation is impossible, and I am now trapped on the "language selection" page, unable to make any commands.

The phone had been working perfectly and then without being dropped or mis-handled in anyway simply stopped working.

It seems the only option now is to return the phone for repair/replacement, is that correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Xperia Z3 Compact - unresponsive touchscreen

Hi,

If you've tried a software repair without change I recommend that you get your phone examined by a technician at your nearest authorised service center. I suggest that you contact your Local support for more information on how to proceed with this.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

10 REPLIES 10
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Hi,

If you've tried a software repair without change I recommend that you get your phone examined by a technician at your nearest authorised service center. I suggest that you contact your Local support for more information on how to proceed with this.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Well as per my observations here with many people and myselves faced same issue, it's clear that this problem arises after 8-10months whether you drop z3 or not.

Only solution is to get it repaired/replaced/fixed by sony center.
-------- If my Post or Answer helped you out, Please KUDOS me Slightly smiling Face
One time poster
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

my z3 compact dropped in the bath for all of 30 seconds, i dried it straight away. i have left in salt for an hour just to be sure. since then my touch screen is not working at all, my speakers are quiet and the phone was only replaced due to a similar problem only a month ago. any ideas what to do?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

@stephclarke I'm sorry to hear that. Slightly frowning Face

Get in touch with your Local support team so that your phone can be examined more closely at one of our authorised service centers.

One time poster
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Hi, I have had similar problem, I now have unresponsive screen but phone is still updating and external button work (safe mode didn't help). It's supposed to be waterproof when dropped in the toilet (had only done a number one thankfully!) but moisture found inside 'sealed' areas. Noticed when I bought it that the seals seemed ill fitted and I wonder how this will affect warranty? I have 2 years with service provider but wondered whether this was a known issue with seals? 

ALSO - have just downloaded pc companion app but can't use it because my phone is locked and can't unlock without the use of the screen! I can't access phone at all without use of the screen...?

Adviser
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

SONY Z3 COMPACT. my question is why the touch screen spoilt every year under normal use condition? as i mention this is my backup phone and mostly place on table. why i have to pay for a problem that is not my fault? is it normal for a smart phone price 1800+ touch screen have to change every year? why there are so many complaint about this model touch screen on sony support forum and other forum? all with similar symptom and touch screen spoilt within a year? is it the touch screen factory defected item or is the phone design problem? you sell a faulty products to customer, no matter you give warranty or not, the touch screen wont last for a year. DO YOU UNDERSTAND YOU SELL A FAULTY PRODUCT TO CUSTOMER!! I HAVE FILE REPORT TO National Consumer Complaints Centre please do the same if you own a z3 compact and face same touch screen problem

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

@redriver7 wrote:

SONY Z3 COMPACT. my question is why the touch screen spoilt every year under normal use condition? as i mention this is my backup phone and mostly place on table. why i have to pay for a problem that is not my fault? is it normal for a smart phone price 1800+ touch screen have to change every year? why there are so many complaint about this model touch screen on sony support forum and other forum? all with similar symptom and touch screen spoilt within a year? is it the touch screen factory defected item or is the phone design problem? you sell a faulty products to customer, no matter you give warranty or not, the touch screen wont last for a year. DO YOU UNDERSTAND YOU SELL A FAULTY PRODUCT TO CUSTOMER!! I HAVE FILE REPORT TO National Consumer Complaints Centre please do the same if you own a z3 compact and face same touch screen problem

8 months with this problem but the only solution provided so far is to get the "broken" part/s replaced. As you said, using the phone under normal circumstances will result in touchscreen not working. Very fair, huh.

One time poster
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

This is yuvraj singh having SONY xperia z3+ purchased rupees 25000 from authorized service center, now my phones left side touch not working well, some alphabets like r, f, c, and many others not works at all. i went to near service center and they do what they can do and lastly said u need to change your full display. and the cost is 7500. my question is that when my phone is never dropped not a single scratch nothing at all, then what is my fault, when i google this problem i found no. of peoples who owned xperia z3+ is facing the exact same proplem so this must not be customer fault this is the device problem and its your duty to get rectify this rather to blame customer. i just want a serious action against SONY.

Emperor
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

@yuvi956

I'm sorry to hear about your issue but this is a global user based forum, you have to contact your Local support to get your device inspected. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)