account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z3 Compact Touch screen Keyboard problem with "w"

One time poster
Message 11 of 16
Message 11 of 16

Re: Xperia Z3 Compact Touch screen Keyboard problem with "w"

Hi there,

I have the exact same problem with letters "r" and "f" only in portrait (with the SwiftKey keyboard and also the "x" with the Xperia keyboard)

I tried different keyboard, factory reset, Xperia Companion repair, other wallpaper, but nothing helps, i'm stuck...

I have the same result with the touch screen test but at a diferent location (where there is the r, f and x...)

Any news or ideas?

Thanks

ps:sorry for my english, i'm not a native english speaker.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 12 of 16
Message 12 of 16

Hello everyone!

I'm so sorry for the late reply. Slightly frowning Face

In both your cases it does sound like it's related to hardware rather than software, so I would recommend that both of you get in contact with your Local support teams so they can assist you with having the devices sent in to an authorized service centre, there they will be examined by a trained technician

They are the experts on your markets so if you have any questions regarding service times, service routines, warranty and so forth they will gladly answer all of them! Slightly smiling Face

Keep me posted!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

vc6
Visitor
Message 13 of 16
Message 13 of 16

The three bottom buttons on my Sony Xperia z3 are not responding at all. The screen does not have any cracks that you can see by your naked eye. But if you try to touch the three bottom buttons, there is no response at all, but a few millimeters up right to the top of the screen the touch is responding. Please help me to fix this problem.

Regards

vc6

Sony Xperia Support
Message 14 of 16
Message 14 of 16

Hi @vc6, sorry to hear about your touch screen not working correctly. Slightly frowning Face

As other parts of the touch screen is working fine, I recommend that you try and perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. Note that this will delete all data stored on the internal storage, so it's important that you create a backup using the same program before you start with the repair.

If there is no change and the back, home and recent apps button are still not working, your device will need to be examined at an authorized service centre and your Local support team will assist you further with this.

Let me know how it goes!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

vc6
Visitor
Message 15 of 16
Message 15 of 16

Spoiler
Spoiler

Dear Sir,

I did all as recommended as still the touch screen bottom buttons are not responding. Surprisingly is that a few millimeters from the bottom buttons right up to the top are perfectly working well.

I suggest l follow your recommendations to send this device to your nearest service center for expert examination by your qualified and trusted agents. 

Please note that l am found near Nelspruit in Mpumalanga South Africa.

I will be so grateful for your intervention.

Please advice me on the next step to take. 

Yours in need 

VC6

Vincent Chimbu

Sony Xperia Support
Message 16 of 16
Message 16 of 16

Hi again @vc6!

For assistance with the service, please get in touch with the Local support team for South Africa on the link below and they will assist you further with having the device examined.

https://support.sonymobile.com/za/contactUs/

Why I need to refer you there is because the service routines and so forth varies between markets and I work Globally, so I'm not familiar with all the different markets when it comes to service.