account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z3 Compact Touch screen Keyboard problem with "w"

Visitor
Message 1 of 16
Message 1 of 16

Xperia Z3 Compact Touch screen Keyboard problem with "w"

Hi there,

the last firmware update (the second of lollipop, the one introduced "kill-all" for the open applications) introduced a very annoying bug on the touch screen, the keyboard has strange behaviour on the "w" key , i've enabled "show touches" on the dev mode and when i tap the "w" shows two touches on the side button "q" and "e" ,also the number 2 is affected.

I think that's a firmware problem because with the precedent updates it worked well , and the phone has only 3 weeks of life!

Can you please help me?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Message 2 of 16

Re: Xperia Z3 Compact Touch screen Keyboard problem with "w"

Did you start using a case with magnetic clip/closure recently?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 3 of 16
Message 3 of 16

no but i've started to use the magnetic charger, is there a relation between magnetic fields and touch screen issues?

One time poster
Message 4 of 16
Message 4 of 16

i Just had the same problem too! i cant type "N" and and "U". it always comes out as "b or m" and  "y or i" respectively. i tried changing it to the one handed keyboard, and it has the same faulty issue too. in one handed keyboard, i can type "N" and "U" but i cant seem to compute the letter "M". i just updated the software for less than a week. it was fine and dandy at first but the issues start showing up last nite. i tried downloading diff keyboard (3rd party), it all has the same issue.called the cust service, they dont have the slightest clue of what telling them and asked to just perform a complete reset on the phone. not really helpful - -"

One time poster
Message 5 of 16
Message 5 of 16

Did any body find a solution for this problem as my Z3 Compact has developed a blind spot where the 'R' key is on the keyboard?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 16
Message 6 of 16

I noticed that my keyboard started acting up too after the lollipop update. It's so annoying since I swipe to text. The keyboard doesn't registger correctly either in Swype or the default keyboard. 

Rookie
Message 7 of 16
Message 7 of 16

has anyone found a solution? I have the same problem with the letter "o". If I rotate the screen I can use it, but not keeping the screen in the right way...

One time poster
Message 8 of 16
Message 8 of 16

Did you Guys try the factory reboot? Full vertical bar here From top To bottom

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 16
Message 9 of 16

Hi @alekm, welcome to our community!

I'm so sorry to hear about that, and for the late reply to your post. Slightly frowning Face

If it works fine after rotating the screen it sounds like the touch screen isn't working correctly at the place where the letter "o" is placed on your keyboard, when the phone is in the "normal" position.

I would recommend that you test the touch screen in the inbuilt test in your phone. Start with opening up the phone application and type in *#*#7378423#*#* > Service tests > Touch > Free Drawing test, are you able to draw at every part of the screen?

Let me know how it went! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 10 of 16
Message 10 of 16

Hi Jonas,

it doesn't work correctly! I send you a photo of the screen.

IMG-20170119-WA0004.jpg

Thank you for the support