account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

X-reality and Super vivid seems not to work

SOLVED
Adept
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

X-reality and Super vivid seems not to work

Hello everyone,
I've Purchased a brandy new Z3C and since non I've really impressed by it. My only concerning is about the X-reality and Super vivid mode...they seems not working at all.

As far as i switch between them (or even if i disable the image enhancement) there is no significant effect on any image i try to watch to (images watched With Album or Quickpick app).

The Phone It's running on 23.0.A.98 sw version (old version..i know) and the bootloader is locked..i suppose..on service info it says bootloader unlocked allowed:yes

I don't have any Stamina option activated nor any other battery saver app running.

What am i doing wrong?

Chieri, Umberto
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: X-reality and Super vivid seems not to work

@il_vecio

Have you ever unlocked then relocked the bootloader?

turn off X reality or Super vivid > open the album app > look for a picture > take a screenshot > repeat the steps but now with X reality > repeat the steps (same picture) with super vivid, upload the pictures here or transfer them to your computer and compare them. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

@il_vecio

Have you ever unlocked then relocked the bootloader?

turn off X reality or Super vivid > open the album app > look for a picture > take a screenshot > repeat the steps but now with X reality > repeat the steps (same picture) with super vivid, upload the pictures here or transfer them to your computer and compare them. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adept
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hello Uliwooly,
i've never done any mod to the phone (no rooting and no bootloader unlocking). I'll try what you've kindly suggest and will report here later.

Thanks
Emperor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Keep us updated. @il_vecio

Highlighted
Adept
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Ok Uliwooly...it works!

I've tried to do some screenshot at different setting using the Sony pre-loaded images and everything worked as supposed to (even with Quickpick)...anyway this feature is NOT so evident with every image.

All the pre-loaded images have bright colours and good light so the Super vivid and X reality effect are significant.

Thank you for your time!

Emperor
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@il_vecio

Anytime Slightly smiling Face 

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I have a same problem, and i was unlocked then relocked the bootloader my Xperia. Is Any body can help? Thanks before,